Steaven Jones Development Company, Inc.
Steaven Jones Development Company, Inc., a well-established, small commercial property management and development company located in West Los Angeles, is looking for an experienced, “hands-on” Controller to join our team. This is a great opportunity, with room for future advancement for someone who is extremely detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated. The company has been established for over 50 years with office and retail spaces serving large, well-known and high-profile clients on the Westside.
The Controller is responsible for all day-to-day financial/accounting functions that are required to support the company.
This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President and Director of Property Management. It supervises one employee.
Primary tasks include:
- Managing the financial reporting of all project and property ownership entities (balance sheet and P&L);
- Maintaining each property’s Yardi Voyager files on a daily basis, which includes A/R and A/P;
- Preparing tenant statements including billing for electricity and other separate charges on a monthly basis, and CAM reconciliations at the end of each year;
- Preparing bank reconciliations on a monthly basis for each property/entity;
- Tracking cash positions for each property, parent company and affiliated entities;
- Preparing monthly construction draws for construction projects;
- Preparing annual budgets for each property, current financial statements and projected cash flows for each entity;
- Tracking budget vs. actual for each property and construction project;
- Maintaining financial models on a project level and consolidated basis;
- Making partnership distributions and interacting with investors;
- Interfacing with lenders, bankers, accountants and other financial service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree required with an accounting or finance concentration.
- Minimum 5+ years of related experience in real estate property management accounting.
- In-depth knowledge of Yardi Voyager
- Computer-literate with Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel and Word skills required
- Strong communication skills and a “can-do”, team-oriented attitude
- Minimum managed a staff of 2 professionals
- Public Accounting CPA or MBA a plus
Salary range is commensurate with experience. There is an annual bonus of 0% to 10%, based on performance and company profitability. Benefits include paid parking, medical, dental and life insurance, and standard vacation/sick time.