About Lloyd Jones Capital
Headquartered in Miami, Lloyd Jones Capital is a private equity real estate firm that specializes in the multifamily sector. With a 35-year track record of successful investing, the firm focuses on value-add and opportunistic multifamily investments in Texas, Florida and South Carolina - markets it knows well due to its long history and current operations in those locations. Currently, we are looking for a controller for our Miami office. Controller will report to corporate CFO.
Summary: Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, directs accounting practices as well as its relationship with customers by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees and directs all financial and accounting related activities for the organization.
- Oversees and directs cash management, budgeting, accounting, and payables.
- Directs staff in providing and directing procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
- Creates and implements annual budgets by property.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
- Implements new systems to create efficiencies or expense reductions related to accounting and financial matters.
- Oversees closing process on Multifamily and Senior Housing acquisitions including purchase and sale contract, operating agreements between limited and general partners, third party reports review, agency and bank financing documentation requirements to obtain loan commitment and closing, preparation and/or review of settlement statement, rate cap and rate lock acquisition, and eventual funding/closing.
- Ensures all properties adhere to corporate policies. Facilitates review and audit of work product and financial reporting.
- Directly involved in the supervision of the Property Controller, Accounts Payable staff and accounting-related vendors.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- This position requires 5 to 7 years related experience and 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating agreements, contracts, financial statements and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports, contracts, and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of stakeholders and/or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as NPV, ROI, IRR, interest, and NOI. Ability to apply concepts of GAAP.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Active CPA License is required.
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation is a requirement.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting information systems is desirable.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms and hands.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.