CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER JOB SUMMARY
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a $100 million luxury residential tower construction project in South Florida. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
The goal will be to ensure that the project is delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Total project oversight and execution.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, consultants, etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports to management.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- 7+ years of proven experience as construction project manager
- BS/BA in civil/ architectural or mechanical engineering
- Experience with a high-rise developer or contractor a plus
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
- Extensive experience managing budgets for large construction projects
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word, MS Office
- Good working knowledge with construction/ project management software, preferably ARGUS
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
MREAM is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.