Corgan is searching for a communications coordinator who is eager to join our dynamic team in Dallas. The ideal candidate is proactive, enthusiastic and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills. The position supports all Corgan locations and requires frequent collaboration with senior level executives, therefore strong communication and time management skills are essential. Corgan's Communication Coordinator will be responsible for effectively communicating the brand and thought leadership through custom development and execution of written content across media including: published articles, blogs, website, social media, award submissions, and other marketing platforms.
Key qualities include:
- Previous experience building and implementing integrated communications programs
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Strategic thinking abilities
- Commitment to meet deadlines and achieve tangible results
- Ability to juggle multiple clients and prioritize tasks as well as provide direction to Corgan's agency partners
- Strong writing skills with the ability to develop and edit press materials, internal documents and communications plans
- Aptitude for comprehending and communicating technical information to diverse audiences
- Understanding of media relations and the types of stories that will resonate with media
- Ability to work with agency to develop media relations strategies and measure results
- Comfortable developing strong interpersonal relationships with internal clients and news media
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required; additional print/digital design skills highly desirable
- Experience with WordPress and social media is required
- Basic HTML knowledge is beneficial
- Effective team player
- flexible, reliable, and positive
- Primary contact to firm's outside PR agency.
- Plans, develops and coordinates content for external communication projects such as: project updates and milestones, blog posts, press releases, published and contributed articles, integrated media plans and social media campaigns.
- Provides support for media relations, including responding to media requests and tracking media coverage, as well as the development of effective publicity and marketing materials.
- Uncovers topics, trends and stories that support the Corgan message and create media interest.
- Develops and manages content on website, including Corgan's blog.
- Oversees Marketing and PR calendar development to ensure that media events, awards, and publications are maximized to align with Corgan's business goals.
- Coordinates events and ensures logistics, promotions, collateral material, and follow-up items are delivered with a high degree of professionalism and in line with Corgan's brand.
- Contributes to the firm's competitive advantage by identifying, leading and supporting initiatives that benefit the firm and create efficiencies for the marketing team.
- Produces accurate and timely communication plans and deliverables.
- Evaluates and suggests improvements to current social media and advertising strategies.
- Serves as an effective advisor to the firm by applying extensive public relations acumen and industry knowledge.
A degree in journalism, communications or related field is beneficial. Previous experience within architecture/design, construction and commercial real estate industries is desired, but not required. Agency experience is also beneficial.
Corgan's project sectors include aviation, critical facilities, educational facilities, commercial, interiors, and healthcare. Our 97% repeat client business record is a testament to our ability to serve clients in a competent, ethical, and professional manner. Corgan offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
*Only applications received through our website will be considered.* EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet