DSel Properties is a small real estate firm based out of New Rochelle, NY and it invests primarily in retail and office assets and is looking to also add multi-family to the portfolio as well. This position interfaces closely with the owner of the firm as one of the focal points of the investment process on specific transactions and has a chance to be exposed to all facets of the business.
- Assist with the underwriting, analysis and oversight of investments.
- Contribute to asset management of projects during repositioning, predevelopment, construction, stabilization and disposition efforts.
- Providing critical analytical and operations support for asset management activities.
- Performing market research, competitive analysis and asset-specific opportunity assessments and adhering to strategic business plans for each property.
- Collaborating with third-party leasing brokers to develop and manage marketing and leasing programs to assist in achieving property related leasing goals.
- Working with in-house operations team to improve property related operations, including driving key process improvements and cost-savings measures
- Managing third party engineers, consultants and contractors to complete property repairs and capital projects
- Oversee the annual CAM Reconciliations for all tenants
- Occasional travel to various properties in connection with tenant meetings, leasing prospects, standard site diligence and construction management functions
- Excellent cash flow and valuation modeling competency.
- Self-motivated and willing to work with a small team in an entrepreneurial environment.
- 2-5+ years in real estate underwriting, acquisitions and/or property management.
- Strong business acumen, able to understand business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Effective communicator, speaks clearly and effectively, is thoughtful, persuasive, writes clearly and informatively, varies writing style to meet needs; capable of building consensus.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to consider and respond appropriately to the needs and capabilities of different people in different situations; is tactful and treats others with respect; relates effectively to others when encountering difficult situations.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; can clearly explain reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrates quality, attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to shift priorities quickly to meet time sensitive demands.
Compensation will vary depending on qualifications and experience.