About Colliers International
Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ and TSX: CIGI) is an industry-leading global real estate services company with 15,000 skilled professionals operating in 68 countries. With an enterprising culture and significant employee ownership, Colliers professionals provide a full range of services to real estate occupiers, owners and investors worldwide. Services include strategic advice and execution for property sales, leasing and finance; global corporate solutions; property, facility and project management; workplace solutions; appraisal, valuation and tax consulting; customized research; and thought leadership consulting.
Colliers professionals think differently, share great ideas and offer thoughtful and innovative advice that help clients accelerate their success. Colliers has been ranked among the top 100 global outsourcing firms by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals for 12 consecutive years, more than any other real estate services firm.
The Property Manager oversees and manages all management aspects of a commercial building, including operations and financial activities. Direct supervision of one or more staff members. Assumes fiduciary responsibility and ensures portfolio is operating in line with the owner’s goals and objectives. Nurtures strong relationships with clients, tenants, and vendors.
Location: San Diego, California
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Overall responsibility to ensure compliance with tenant leases, regulatory requirements, and the property management contract. Establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with all clients, property tenants, vendors and contractors. Responsible for annual budget preparation and tenant reconciliations for review and approval by senior management and ownership.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly ownership and other operating reports.
- Participate and co-ordinate government and quasi-government procurement processes and contracts.
- Approve purchase orders, invoices and rent-up schedules.
- Oversee collection of rent, payment of expenses and compliance with lease terms. Complete regular inspections of the properties and recommend alterations and/or maintenance of the property and oversee work as necessary.
- Competitively bid and oversee operational and tenant improvement contracts and services.
- Supervise portfolio team/staff and work closely with building engineering team.
- Work with project management and engineering team to oversee tenant improvement construction and capital expenditure projects.
- Partner with marketing and leasing teams to assist in leasing efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess the following required degrees, certificates or competencies:
- 5-7+ years of real estate/property management work experience.
- Construction management experience preferred.
- Real Estate license required by state law.
- BA/BS Degree preferred or equivalent work experience is required.
- Experience in managing staff.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with real estate software such as Yardi, MRI, etc.
- Prior management of service contracts and government procurement processes.
- Must have strong understanding of financial reports, including variance reporting.
- Strong understanding of lease agreements and leasing terms.
- Independent, organized, self-starter, team player, attention to detail.
- Provides high degree of professional customer service to both internal and external parties.
- Excellent communications and organization, follow-through and follow-up, meet challenging commitments and deadlines.
- Experience in overall management of personnel, including development of goal and objectives as well as performance management.
- Ability to work well under pressure with strong personalities.
- Excellent relationship management skills with both clients and tenants.
- Excellent prioritization skills.
Competitive compensation including a full range of health benefits, vacation plan, 401K and other benefits are available.
If you enjoy working in an optimistic, energetic and dynamic work environment that emphasizes social as well as business interaction, then we invite you to apply.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.