Do you have building/maintenance engineering experience? We are seeking an engineer who has worked in a corporate environment to join our Boston Campus.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- State Electrical or HVAC license is required
- Universal EPA certification is a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 5 years minimum of trade experience or applicable background.
- A minimum of 2 consistent years of successful performance as a Shift Engineer in a corporate environment
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Visio. Familiarity with AutoCAD and CMMS a plus.
The Purpose of Your Role
The Shift Engineer provides support for the multiple critical business environments that the engineering department is responsible for. This position requires the ability to work independently. Must support a team environment and work towards common goals and objectives for the department.
The Skills You Bring
- You will perform all assigned preventive and remedial maintenance work on building mechanical and/or electrical systems to assure cooling, heating, and humidification requirements are met with no adverse business impact.
- You’ll perform site inspection and data collection rounds.
- You demonstrate the ability to monitor multiple building systems, correcting deficient performances through BAS adjustments, on-site remedial maintenance and effective emergency response actions when required
- You’ll utilize tools, processes, procedures, and notifies/advises superiors as appropriate to ensure the consistent flow of information and activities.
- You will support and monitor electrical/mechanical preventative and corrective maintenance activity as well as interface with Fidelity Security on emergency issues.
- You’ll employ both an electrical riser and one-line diagram to locate, employ or correct faulty electrical circuits and related protective devices.
- You will partner with vendors/contractors performing remedial repair activities.
- You will complete all required documentation associated with preventive maintenance, equipment operation, testing and inspections
The Value You Deliver
- Schedule, coordinate and supervise all inspections, testing, calibration and repairs to electrical and mechanical systems employing in-house staff, vendors, engineers, and appropriate test equipment.
- Maintaining strict management of the infrastructure operations and control systems to eliminate risk by unauthorized employees, vendors, visitors.
- Overseeing all preventive and remedial maintenance work on building or electrical systems to assure critical power, cooling, heating, and humidification requirements are met with no adverse business impact.
- Schedule, direct, and administer the use of third party vendors to augment in-house resources, providing on-site supervision to assure cost, time and critical exposure commitments are met.
- Preparing daily log entries: accuracy, content, executable detail and associated closure of reported issues in a timely manner.
- Performing site inspection and review rounds for completeness and accuracy.
- Utilizing tools, processes, procedures, and notifies/advises director as appropriate to ensure the consistent flow of information and activities.
- Demonstrating ability to switch to standby generators and bypass UPS systems when an electrical alarm or failure occurs, consistent with procedures, communicating all actions taken through the escalation process.
- Ability to operate fire detection and suppression systems, locate and correct trouble faults and follow proper system protection procedures when work is performed in areas covered by fire systems.
- Demonstrating appropriate work habits, procedures, an in-depth knowledge of OSHA regulations to insure the safety of self, fellow workers and building tenants.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Real Estate Company (FREC) is the corporate real estate division of Fidelity Investments, providing a full range of services to Fidelity business units nationally and internationally. FREC manages more than 11 million square feet of space in the United States and overseas, including 13 North American and six international locations, four mission-critical data centers and more than 190 retail investor centers.
Our philosophy at FREC is customer-centric—everything we do focuses on delivering solutions that meet the needs of our customers at all levels. In addition to office space for Fidelity’s nearly 45,000 associates, FREC develops and manages a range of specialized spaces including data centers, disaster recovery spaces, trading rooms, large-scale printing and mail processing facilities, and telephone contact centers. We also provide services to non-core Fidelity clients, such as many of the companies which comprise Devonshire Investors, FIL, the Fidelity Foundation, and Pembroke Real Estate.
The required shift is:
1st week - Sunday to Tuesday – 7pm to 7am
2nd week – Sunday to Wednesday – 7pm to 7am
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.