Leasing Associate – Retail\Office\Industrial
The Leasing Associate is responsible for Primary focus on leasing of commercial retail/office space on a national basis for the Property Management Company or Real Estate Investment Fund. May have secondary focus on the leasing of office and/or warehouse space.
· Responsible for leasing new and existing vacant space in assigned properties. Must be able to travel to the other property locations as necessity dictates. Prepare proposals, letters of intents (LOI) and coordinate process of generating leases and negotiate lease documents.
· Responsible for Renewal agreements for existing tenant leases to achieve maximum revenues while improving or maintaining tenant retention and satisfaction.
· Maintain regular contact with tenants and monitor lease expirations
· Identifies qualified prospects to lease and occupy available space in existing centers and new developments.
· Develops and executes a strategic leasing plan for each property.
· Develops relationships with national, regional, local tenants, brokers and other business and civic groups and individuals in each market
· Coordinate each property’s specialty leasing programs
· Prepare leasing status reports as outlined
· Research competitive market information and maintain understanding of market dynamics
· Assist in developing marketing materials for space availabilities
· Prepare financial analysis of lease proposals deals
· Conduct mass marketing campaigns
· Vast develop market knowledge relative to demographic characteristics effecting the assigned properties property’s leasing strategy
· Analysis of appropriateness of merchandize, and proper location within the property for the maximization of rental income
· Vast knowledge of retail trends and merchandize concepts
· Review of rent reduction requests and determination of such needs as well as remain active
· Actively assist Property Management in accounts receivable and collection matters as part of your Property Management role.
· For Property Management shall oversee a shopping center marketing program by which such implementation is delegated to a designated staff member or members.
· Shall oversee the delegation and submission of property service agreements and contracts with vendors.
· General knowledge of the local laws governing landlord/tenant relationships
· Must maintain confidentiality including all company information
· 5+ years of retail leasing experience
· Strong lease interpretation and communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills inside and outside the organization.
· Build rapport inside and outside the organization including constructive and effective relationships.
· Must possess diplomacy and tact in dealing with all relationships
· Strong prioritization and multi- task ability
· Financial analysis skills preferred
· Solid proficiency in PC based applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook and YARDI
· Strong analytical skills
· Professional demeanor