MLA Properties is a real estate family office with residential and commercial properties spanning the country. We have more than 1,000,000 square feet of retail and several thousand apartments under management. Our retail holdings are focused in secondary markets with a large concentration of strong national tenants. Similarly, the multifamily arm of our business focuses on affordable housing in dense markets with robust underlying fundamentals. Across both asset classes, we focus heavily on core-plus and value add investments.
MLA Properties is headquartered in NYC with local representation on the ground at all of our properties.
The analyst role will encompass responsibilities in the asset management and acquisitions space.
- Maintain models for properties in existing portfolio.
- Update files with new leases, market assumptions, etc....
- Provide quarterly cash flow forecasts to senior management.
- Assist with quarterly valuations.
- Assist with monthly and quarterly reporting for capital partners.
- Perform ad hoc analyses to assist senior management.
- Liaise with property management, accounting and leasing teams.
- Prepare thorough cash flow forecasts and calculate investment returns for prospective acquisitions.
- Import Argus cash flows into internal model.
- Modify excel models to run sensitivities and develop pro-forma scenarios.
- Conduct market research and analysis.
- Assist in preparation of reports for senior management review.
- Provide transaction support including lease review, operating expense review, third party report review and coordination of documents for lenders/partners.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Real Estate, Economics, Accounting or Finance.
- 1-3 years of relevant analyst experience.
- Proficiency in excel is critical, including strong knowledge of detailed retail and multi-family modeling.
- Understanding of general finance, accounting, leasing and capital markets concepts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to turn financial analysis into concise written and verbal reports.
- Must be willing to travel to our properties.