Responsible for leading development operations across all asset classes at Generation Park, the largest private commercial development (4,000 acres) in the 3rd most populous county in the United States.
- Manage and grow vertical development (fee, spec, pre-leased, and built-to-suit) business unit to execute office, industrial, retail, multifamily and hospitality development at Generation Park (40 million square feet at build out).
- Source debt & equity capital and expand relationships with capital partners (ranging from $10MM to +$500MM).
- Participate in development process from project conceptualization through stabilization. Manage contract negotiation, project capitalization, and design & engineering process.
- Analyze demographic, economic, and market data to draw objective conclusions and make strategic recommendations.
- Manage vertical development P&L; reconcile and report on performance and variances to budget. Track asset and market metrics to make sell/hold/refi recommendations on portfolio.
- Partner with sales & leasing team on lease-up of developed assets and pursuit of new opportunities. Form relationships with brokerage community to maintain market knowledge and identify leads.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree with 7 years of commercial development experience.
- Demonstrate leadership. Maintain a high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidence under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines. Must take initiative, relish challenge, and be comfortable keeping various projects moving simultaneously.
- Ability to lead an internal platform as well as cultivate relationships with contractors, consultants, and other service providers.
- Intellectual curiosity to contribute across multiple disciplines. Must have intuition for good design and extremely high degree of financial aptitude alike.
- Confidence speaking publicly and comfort negotiating complex lease, loan, sale, and partnership agreements with partners.
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves, discard or adapt old ways, and work with team members in a hands-on capacity.