Regional Manager, Workplace and Corporate Real Estate - Americas
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides analytic data solutions such as business applications, big data analytics and integrated data warehousing. Its solution offerings include software, hardware, and consulting and support services.
Teradata empowers data-driven companies to achieve competitive advantage and win in their markets by exploiting data for insight and value. With Teradata's industry-leading analytic data solutions and proven consulting experience and expertise, companies can become more competitive by leveraging insights from integrated data to, among other things, increase revenue and profitability, improve effectiveness, drive innovation, enhance customer relationships, improve business processes and reduce costs.
Teradata operates through three geographic segments: North America and CLA, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Asia Pacific and Japan. The company's business roots back to 1979, with its current primary operations out of their San Diego, CA location
About the Role:
Teradata Corporation is looking for a real estate and workplace professional with demonstrated experience in leadership across a regional real estate portfolio, in a fast-paced, diverse environment. This leader will require to develop a deep understanding of the company’s business strategy, initiatives and culture and will use that knowledge to assist in the development and implementation of corporate real estate and workplace strategies and programs that support our, growing, multi-site, America’s portfolio. This innovative individual will have a sense of humor and thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
This role will be full time based at Teradata’s primary location in the United States in San Diego, CA, and provide the successful candidate with a great opportunity to grow and develop their career in the Corporate Real Estate arena.
- Develop a thoughtful and comprehensive workplace, lease and space planning strategy based on short and long-term business needs, aligned with our culture that promotes a productive, collaborative and fun environment for our employees across the Americas Region.
- Direct all aspects of the workplace function, focused on providing an exceptional office and site services experience for our teams across the Americas.
- Oversee and direct all capital expenditures for the construction and alterations of our office facilities, infrastructure and leased real property
- Manage all Lease negotiations and portfolio management across all Americas locations.
- Oversee the development of thorough plans for the opening, expansion and ongoing maintenance of all future offices across the North America and CLA Regions.
- Understand and comply with audit and control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Oversee development of project estimates/budgets and present/review with leadership to gain agreement to proceed with projects.
- Develop and implement systems to monitor project performance to plans, budget, schedule, design standards, project management reporting processes, quality control and commissioning, ensuring support of our sustainability objectives.
- Ensure effective communication and customer service during all phases of a project, keeping team members, senior leadership, our employees, and external agencies well informed of project status and impact to their operations.
- Establish guidelines for office build outs, accommodating local needs and customs on a global basis.
- Oversee the selection and contracting process for consultants and construction teams.
- Guide development of space program plans, soliciting input from department leaders and user groups, focused on effective space management and flexibility in configurations.
- Build strong relationships and partner closely across functions, with particular emphasis on Information Technology and Human Resources.
- At least 10 years working in real estate & facilities, preferably in a fast-paced, high-tech company. Minimum 3 years’ of Regional/Area experience and the ability to manage a small team of individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in a relevant discipline, or a professional certification in Facilities/Real Estate Management.
Must be competent across all Real Estate streams, specifically Portfolio Management, Project Management, Facility Management and CRE Cost Management.
- Exceptional judgment and strong interpersonal skills to be comfortable, effective and persuasive in dealing with employees and senior management
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders across the organization, and a track record of implementing organizational change by fostering collaboration.
- A keen eye for detail in the day-to-day management of workspace while having a strategic mindset and able to balance both short and long-term objectives.
- Experience in overseeing planning, design, construction bidding/leveling process, renovation projects, and vendor governance
- Experience with project management of office fit out and infrastructure construction.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in commercial real estate, regulations, technologies, techniques and approaches in workplace engagement, space planning and allocation.
- Detailed understanding of all commercial real estate contract obligations.
- Experience working with internal and outsourced project managers and internal support groups and external service providers.
- Ability to travel infrequently.
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Job – Regional Real Estate Manager, North America and CLA
Schedule - Full-time
Primary Location - Americas-United States-California-San Diego
Organization – Corporate Real Estate