David Weekley Homes, a progressive leader in the homebuilding industry, is seeking a Land Planner to join our High Density architectural team. With the expansion of our high density and attached single family product lines, this Central Living team is focused on land development for various communities across the country.
- Research new communities and surrounding development
- Develop an understanding of community standards, city codes, setbacks and other regulations
- Develop detailed site plans
- Assist in developing Land Plans factoring density, dry utilities, amenity parks, roads, mews, etc.
- Coordinate with land and division managers, civil engineers and surveyors as well as other internal and external Team Members
- Ensure established deadlines are met and work with others to problem solve as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Planning, Urban Planning, Community Development or related field
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Prior work experience in surveying, civil engineering or land planning is plus
- Knowledge of plats and site plans preferred
- Strong math and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written listening and communication skills to work frequently with internal and external customers from managers to engineers
- Excellent follow up with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Exceptional customer-service oriented mindset with a team player attitude
- Time management and the ability to work well under time constraints