Title: Property Manager
Reports To: Portfolio Manager
Position: Commercial real estate owner/operator with 300,000 square feet of office buildings in the Danbury, CT area is looking for a Property Manager to oversee daily building operations and manage communications with tenants and vendors.
Job Summary: The position will provide direct support to the Asset Manager by coordinating day-to-day building and tenant needs. The Property Manager is expected to develop and maintain strong, professional working relationships with tenants and vendors, and be accountable for ensuring issues are responded to and resolved in a proper and timely manner. Administrative, accounting and schedule coordination duties are required, as they pertain to the operations of the buildings. All tasks will be completed in a professional manner to assure well-managed properties in line with the ownership’s goals and objectives, and highest standards achievable.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversight of daily operations at the property level
- Managing third party vendor contracts and ensuring services are provided by vendors in a professional and timely manner in accordance with contracts
- Promptly answering/returning tenant calls/emails and responding in a professional manner
- Maintaining and tracking tenant/building work orders and requests for service
- Tracking tenant utility consumption and other tenant bill back items
- Soliciting vendor and subcontractor proposals and coordination of visits to the property for repairs and maintenance
- Review, coding and submission of third party invoices to accounts payable
- Tracking property level expenditures (petty cash and expense reports) and completing associated paper work for reimbursements
- Managing tenant employee directories and card-key access to the buildings
- Scheduling tenant requests, including usage of Building Conference Room
- Understanding rights/obligations of landlord and existing tenants as outlined in the leases. Ensuring landlord is delivering services pursuant to its obligations outlined in the leases.
- Assisting with property budgets and managing daily operations in accord with budgets and ownership objectives.
- Assisting with leasing and marketing efforts per Portfolio Manager direction
Other Job Functions:
- Assisting in production of quarterly, monthly and weekly property operation reports
- Assisting with tasks as needed pertaining to day-to-day operations of the properties
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel especially important).
- Demonstrated and proven exceptional customer service and effective problem solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to analyze, prioritize, and multi-task
- Knowledge of commercial lease agreements