The Development team manages the development process from the inception of transaction through the construction and delivery of each project. Development team members specialize in land use, design and construction management and employ these skills across a wide range of asset types in all the diverse geographies in which CIM operates. This position will have focus on our projects in Boston, MA.
Reporting to the VP in charge of project, this position is responsible for budget oversight, defining scope of work, interacting with government officials and reporting on status of project via reports and presentations to various stakeholders.
- Under the direction of the VP of Development, oversees project budget and management of project expenses in alignment with project budget.
- Assists in the negotiation process with contractors/vendors by performing due diligence, cost analysis and the like.
- Develop and oversee project reports that include but are not limited to; scope of work, construction milestones, construction activities, issues associated with delays, cost variance analysis.
- Responsible for securing the appropriate approvals, certifications, permits, etc. from city and other government agencies as required.
- Ensure all contracts associated with project are complete and fully executed.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if any);
- Oversight of Development Analysts’ work activities related to projects
- Oversight of contractors, subcontractors and vendors related to day-to-day activities, invoices, hiring and contract negotiations.
Educational/Experience Requirements (including certifications, licenses, etc):
- BA/BS degree in Architecture, Construction or related major.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Real Estate development and/or construction with demonstrated knowledge of real estate development and construction process including design, contracting consultants and project management.
*CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.
See job description