Becknell Industrial is seeking a Financial Analyst for our Chicago office (Lyons, IL) with 3-5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE to provide analysis and underwriting to support the Development, Acquisition and Asset Management Teams in growing an existing national portfolio of industrial assets. The analyst role with Becknell is a unique opportunity to gain exposure to many facets of commercial real estate – development, leasing, acquisition, management and construction. The position is best suited for a business-minded candidate interested in a career in commercial real estate. Strong people skills, financial underwriting, business writing and work ethic are the qualities Becknell will seek in candidates interested in this position.
Primary Job Duties:
· Perform market research and analysis for industrial properties considered for development, acquisition or disposition
· Prepare detailed projections of cash flow and investment returns utilizing financial modeling software (ARGUS / Excel)
· Draft investment committee memos to be submitted to senior management and equity partners
· Assist in preparation of lease proposals to prospective tenants
· Evaluate and underwrite the impact of proposed leases on building value
· Assist in balancing the overall workload to ensure deadlines are met
· Conduct market research and analysis to provide a basis for assumptions used in financial modeling
Secondary Job Duties:
· Review and abstract leases
· Assist with monthly and quarterly portfolio reporting
· Promote a high level of customer satisfaction among tenants, clients and brokers
· Coordinate lease documentation and approval with equity partner
· Create and maintain a critical dates list for lease expirations, option notice dates
· Administer all special projects that are assigned by the Investment Team
Desired Skills and Experience
· The ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, evidenced by the ability to communicate clearly and work well with others
· Undergraduate degree in real estate, finance, accounting or a related field with a strong record of academic achievement
· Relevant real estate experience, emphasis in industrial is a plus
· Strong work ethic, attention to detail and desire to succeed are essential
· Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner
· Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook required, ARGUS experienced preferred
· Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
· Some travel may be required
* Please note that not all duties of the job are included.
Respond with MS Word or PDF Cover letter and resume only. Submissions not complying with this requirement will not be considered.
Founded in 1990, Becknell Industrial is a privately-held vertically integrated real estate firm specializing in the development, management and long-term ownership of industrial properties nationwide. With over 18 million square feet and assets exceeding $1 billion in 32 states. With offices in Chicago, Illinois, and Indianapolis, Indiana, Becknell focuses on providing efficient real estate solutions to clients throughout the United States.
Becknell delivers quality and complete customer satisfaction through a highly efficient, vertically integrated real estate approach. Becknell provides in-house expertise for all phases of a real estate project---site selection, entitlement, predevelopment, architecture, engineering, estimating, construction management, leasing, property management and maintenance. We also provide investment management through financing, acquisitions and dispositions of properties. These capabilities allow us to be flexible, providing rapid response to client requests, while delivering product at best value.
For more information about Becknell Industrial, please visit our website.