MassMutual seeks a Real Estate Services Consultant to join its Real Estate Team. This role is responsible for managing leasing of space, disposing of space and modifying existing leases, including collaborating with space planners and construction managers. Managing the expectations of and influencing multiple diverse stakeholders across the company, through effective communication and well-tuned interpersonal skills, is critical to project success.
- Oversees all aspects of office leasing projects
- Negotiate leases with the best possible terms and conditions which meet MassMutual’s short and long term business initiatives
- Partners with a number of business unit stakeholders to research requests and develop recommendations
- Prepares cash flows and project estimates and reconciliations
- Leads deal-making interface with landlords and outside brokers; site selection, negotiations, coordination and execution of letters of intent and leases, financial analysis procurement of management approvals and coordination of constructions.
- Translates complex, often ambiguous, contracts and business problems into concise, actionable, and tailored recommendations
- Field investigates potential locations
- Acquires/assembles and analyzes market information
- Builds and maintains working relationships with business unit to stay aligned with and ahead of business drivers and initiatives
- Provides an exceptional customer service experience
- Presents monthly/weekly deal updates
- Presents proposed deals developed by the Consultant
- Travel required 25-35%
- BA/BS or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in commercial real estate required
- Handles complex long-term focused projects involving multiple disciplines or business units
- Individual typically has at least 4 years of experience.
- Ability to think and act strategically with a big view of the end-to-end solution requirements while striving to continuously improve processes
- Demonstrates customer-centric behaviors
- Understands team dynamics and strives to improve team effectiveness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with business customers, technical team members, and other technical contributors across the organization.
- Strong time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated and highly professional
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
Focus on the Customer: Know your customers well; add value with a sense of urgency.
Act with Integrity: Be trustworthy, adhere to high ethical standards and adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: Lead people to success; appreciate diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences.
Work Collaboratively: Partner with others to achieve results that leverage the right resources.
Achieve Results: Focus on winning; consistently exceed expectations, beat the competition.
MassMutual Financial Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.