MassDevelopment is accepting applications for a Commercial Real Estate Analyst/Acquisitions Program Manager within the Asset Management department of MassDevelopment’s Real Estate Division. This position will act as the program manager for the Agency’s Equity Investment program, which makes strategic investments in commercial properties or sites that have potential to spur development in cities and towns across the Commonwealth. Pursuant to its mission to create jobs, promote economic development, and eliminate blight, MassDevelopment undertakes a wide range of real estate development/redevelopment projects either as the owner/developer, or by providing support services to communities to help define and achieve their economic development goals and objectives.
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Asset Management, the position is responsible for financial analysis of real estate division projects, related research and documentation for investment transactions, and management of the process to identify and secure new properties through the Equity Investment program described above.
Core Components of the Position:
- Work with colleagues and external stakeholders to identify potential acquisition targets (Equity Investments) and maintain a pipeline of potential projects.
- Perform financial analysis (budgets, schedules and proformas), for existing or potential projects, including narrative explaining all assumptions and background;
- Manage Equity Investments communications process, including running periodic check-in meetings, updates to CEO and Board; and preparation of memos to the Board related to property acquisitions and dispositions;
- Working with MDFA legal team and sometimes with brokers, negotiate purchase prices and terms for new projects, as well as leases with MDFA as tenant and as landlord.
- Working with brokers, project managers, regional staff and consultants, help market properties for sale or lease.
- Manage and/or participate in the due diligence process for new acquisitions or redevelopment of existing MDFA properties, particularly through the Equity Investment program, including managing the procurement of consultant services and managing the consultant tasks, including review of market and site specific data, and environmental and engineering reports;
- Help prepare RFPs and marketing materials for properties.
- Make recommendations to senior staff on appropriate pricing of sales, purchases or leases;
- Develop market analysis and evaluate market and financial analyses provided by others in connection with any and all MassDevelopment projects including for properties owned or under consideration for acquisition or disposition by MDFA;
- Assist with real estate projects by participating in interdisciplinary project teams, meeting with government officials and community members, maintaining project work plans including schedules and budgets, creating and updating meeting minutes, and other tasks as assigned;
- Manage outside consultants, reviewing their work product and incorporating it into analysis as appropriate.
- Prepare and participate in the RFQ/P process for professional services, as needed, adhering to the rules and regulations of MDFA procurement.
- Support record tracking, compilation and reporting to support capital project reimbursement and other related restricted funding budgeting and reporting.
- Perform other related functions as required.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree with a concentration in finance, economics, real estate or marketing; master’s degree is preferred.
- A strong knowledge of commercial real estate, including public/private development, economic development and familiarity with Massachusetts real estate market is essential.
- Experience in commercial/retail/restaurant leasing and or brokerage is strongly preferred. Specifically, experience devising creative leasing solutions in secondary and tertiary markets
- Excellent analytical skills and financial modeling skills, with experience with project budgeting, cash flow and proformas.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in commercial real estate or real estate finance.
- Strong negotiating skills are essential.
- Strong interactive and relationship-building skills with an ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, businesses, third party consultants, communities, property owners, tenants are essential.
- Experience with or exposure to construction management would be beneficial.
- Experience managing or working in a team environment on projects.
- Must be detail oriented and possess superior written and oral communications skills.
- Comfortable working independently, self-motivated individual.
- Position is based in MassDevelopment’s Boston office, however in-state travel to may be required periodically for meetings and site visits.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required, with a working knowledge of project management software. Experience with existing and emerging real estate software programs such as LoopNet/CoStar.
- Valid MA Driver’s License.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to MassDevelopment, Attn: Human Resources, 99 High Street, 11th Floor, Boston, MA. 02110 or email to: This posting can close without notice.
The starting salary range for this position is $61,570 - $78,500.
Equal Opportunity Employer