Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete accounting and finance tasks including: helping prepare the annual budget, preparing monthly MAP reports, and monitoring and coordinating the accounts receivable and accounts payable processes.
- Help facilitate the successful operation of the building by completing property inspections, responding to tenant complaints and service requests, and ensuring the property is kept up to code.
- Manage smaller construction and special projects.
- Coordinate assigned contract bidding, vendor selection and contract negotiation and maintain vendor relationships, e g. janitorial, landscaping, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a property management or leasing function in a commercial real estate environment.
- General knowledge of insurance, risk management, environmental codes, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, vertical transportation systems, building automation and life safety systems as well as other systems pertaining to the management of Class A commercial real estate as evidenced by 2 years of experience in a related function.
- General knowledge of cash and accrual accounting principles and processes as they apply to budget preparation, financial statement analysis, building account management, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable as evidenced by 2 years of experience in a related function.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university.
Ideal Experience & Credentials:
- Yardi experience desirable.
- Experience with AR/AP highly preferable.
Shorenstein is one of the country’s oldest and most respected real estate organizations active nationally in the ownership and operation of high-quality office properties. More recently, Shorenstein has made selective investments in multifamily rental properties. Due to its success over many years and multiple real estate cycles, Shorenstein has established its reputation as a creative and knowledgeable investor. The company is privately owned and is headquartered in San Francisco. The company’s current portfolio totals 22.2 million square feet in 16 markets, with a gross value of $7.8 billion. Shorenstein provides asset management, leasing, property management and construction services to the properties in its portfolio through its wholly-owned property services affiliate, Shorenstein Realty Services.
Shorenstein is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), status as a protected veteran, disability, genetic information, or any other statuses protected by law.
Shorenstein will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.