The fund is $5B+ credit and event-driven private investment firm based in Greenwich, Connecticut that was founded 10+ years ago.
Role and Responsibilities
- The fund’s real estate group invests opportunistically across the capital structure with a focus on middle-market opportunities ($5 - $50mm). The group is seeking an individual for an analyst-level role to support the group and facilitate growth.
- Investments include loan originations, note purchases, joint ventures, and direct equity investments.
- In the near term, the group is focused on new loan originations and specifically, high yield bridge loan and special situation financing secured by commercial real estate.
- Broad geographical focus (investments across US and UK).
- The group consists of approximately five individuals spread among the three major components of the investment operation: sourcing, underwriting & analysis, and asset management. The selected individual will be involved in all aspects of the group.
- Primary responsibilities will include evaluating potential investment opportunities including valuation of underlying real estate, market research, document review and due diligence, writing and editing investment memos, and assisting with closing.
- Secondary responsibilities will include legal document review and analysis, asset management, assisting with fund administration, and reporting.
- In addition to the specific responsibilities above, the successful candidate will be expected to have well-formed and justified opinions on all potential transactions and the real estate/mortgage market in general. Sharing of these opinions, both positive and negative, is not only encouraged but is expected.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong analytical skills with comprehensive understanding of discounted cash flow analysis and the tools & software necessary for this analysis.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of the real estate industry (familiarity with variety of asset types, capital structures, etc)
- Detail oriented
- Ability to form defensible, value-based investment opinions with conviction.
- Strong writing skills with ability to distill information in a concise manner
- Experience conducting detailed research and analysis
- 1-3 years of direct real estate underwriting/investing experience [ Don't apply if you do not have real estate experience]
- A strong academic track record including a BA or BS
- Willingness to work long hours when needed