The fund is $5B+ credit and event-driven private investment firm based in Greenwich, Connecticut that was founded 10+ years ago.
Role and Responsibilities
- The fund’s real estate group invests opportunistically across the capital structure with a focus on middle-market opportunities ($5 - $50mm). The group is seeking an originator to source new investment opportunities.
- Investments include loan originations, note purchases, joint ventures, and direct equity investments.
- In the near term, the group is focused on new loan originations and specifically, high yield bridge loan and special situation financing secured by commercial real estate.
- The group is active in markets across the country and invests in most major property types.
- The group consists of approximately six individuals spread among the three major components of the investment operation: originator, underwriting & analysis, and asset management.
- Primary responsibilities will include sourcing new investment lending opportunities.
- Secondary responsibilities will include assisting as needed with underwriting, due diligence, document negotiations, and asset management.
- Job may not necessarily be located in Greenwich office (individual may work from their local market or from home) and may involve considerable travel
- Originators in high priority markets will be viewed most favorably: S. California, Chicago, Denver, NYC, and DC. Ideal candidate would located in the West Coast, Denver or Chicago.
- In addition to the specific responsibilities above, the successful candidate will be expected to develop well-formed and justified opinions on potential transactions and the real estate/mortgage market in general. Sharing of these opinions, both positive and negative, is not only encouraged but is expected.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong network to tap into to source new loan and investment opportunities.
- Contacts may include some combination of real estate investors/developers, mortgage brokers, sales brokers, advisors, property managers, attorneys, and other lenders.
- Knowledge of the real estate industry (familiarity with variety of asset types, capital structures, etc)
- Articulate and sociable
- Sales, sourcing, or business development experience a strong plus.
- Previous origination and/or underwriting experience a strong plus.
- Willingness to travel when needed