The analyst will be assigned to various areas of the business working on a variety of projects and transactions across several asset types focused on the West Coast region.
Responsibilities and Role will include the following:
- Underwriting of potential new multifamily, industrial, and office developments and value-add multifamily, industrial, office and retail acquisitions.
- Financial underwriting and pro-forma modeling with MS Excel and Argus
- Facilitation of the due diligence process including managing documentation, site visits and investment closing process
- Perform in-depth economic and demographic research for identified new acquisitions and target markets
- Preparation of written investment committee memorandums in relation to proposed transactions
- One to three years of work experience in finance or investment. Real estate work experience is strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of all aspects of property investment, development and financing processes, including but not limited to market analysis, financial analysis including property valuation, capital markets, project budgeting and scheduling
- Strong financial analysis and excel modeling skills
- Works independently
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and abilities; demonstrating confidence in building and effectively maintaining positive relationships with clients, partners, developers and co-workers
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel or equivalent
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint and Argus is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills