Harbor Group International is a growing real estate investment/property management company with corporate offices in Norfolk, VA, Baltimore, MD and New York, and properties throughout the eastern half of the U.S. We currently have over $4.5 billion in assets in commercial, multifamily, and retail properties in 15 states.
Due to our growth, we are seeking an Acquisitions Analyst at our corporate office in Baltimore, MD. This position will be responsible for sourcing, underwriting and securing multi-family real estate investment opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with Acquisitions Officers and senior management to evaluate multi-family real estate investment opportunities throughout the United States.
- Responsible for underwriting or preparing valuation models for potential acquisitions.
- In coordination with the Acquisitions Officers, make presentations to senior management to assess and discuss potential acquisitions including operating strategy and exit strategy.
- Participate in due diligence, physical inspections, negotiations with seller and lender, preparation of rehabilitation budget and closing of transactions.
- Research new markets, develop relations with real estate brokers and identify investment opportunities for the company.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or other related field required
- 1-3 years relevant experience preferred
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel & excellent financial modeling skills
- Excellent research skills and aptitude to understand the dynamics of various locations, submarkets, economic conditions and financial markets
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with real estate brokers, investors and senior managers within various groups of the company
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Required: Valid driver’s license