Regional Director of Real Estate Acquisitions - Maryland/DC
Company currently searching for a Regional Director of Real Estate Acquisitions with a focus on multi-family properties. Idea candidate lives in the Maryland or DC area and has extensive contacts in the Maryland/DC real estate market.
- Candidate will come with extensive track record of sourcing and executing multi-family residential property investment opportunities including property acquisitions, loan originations, and joint ventures.
- Focus will be to identify expansion opportunities by researching market conditions, demographics, competition and other activity generators.
- Lead negotiations on various transaction related documents such as Purchase and Sale Agreements and loan documents.
- Has established relationships with capital sources, JV partners, legal counsel, consultants, brokers, lenders and other industry participants.
- Maintains constant market knowledge including tracking deal flow and benchmarks, investor return requirements, recent sales data, prevailing market conditions and indicators to assist in making investment decisions.
- Deal sheet will be requested from all candidates.
- A minimum 10+ years’ work experience in residential multi-family acquisition industry.
- A minimum of 7+ years of experience in the Maryland Real Estate market.
- Bachelor degree with studies in real estate, business a plus.
- Broker background a plus but we are NOT searching for brokers.
- Must have extensive established real estate relationship database of contacts in the multi-family arena.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a deep knowledge of and mastery of Excel. Basic understanding of Office Windows.
- Ability to manage multiples tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, ability to monitor complex processes and prioritize objectives.
- A strong work ethic, the strength to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment, and an ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Exceptional critical thinking skills and the ability to make confident business decisions under tight deadlines.
- Intelligence with a keen focus on details.
- Strong accounting and finance knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills since interaction with personnel at all levels will be required.
- Ability to self-start and motivate to meet goals, finish tasks and follow through on objectives without strict oversight.
- Position based out of Maryland or DC
- Extensive travel in Maryland area
- Must have own car.