Since our inception in 2007, LStar Ventures has built more than 65 beautiful, financially successful, and environmentally sensitive communities in 15 states. We are a privately held real estate development firm that owns many of the finest master-planned communities in the country. We take pride in our financial strength, as we maintain little to no debt on any of our real estate assets. This unique approach ensures we can confidently and successfully execute our development strategies over very long periods of time and through varying economic cycles.
But for all our focus on financial health, we know that human values are more important than short-term business goals. We know that if we take a long-term view. Take care of our people. Create healthy environments that respect the land. Respect its residents. Respect our neighbors. Foster growth and prosperity in the region. Then our own prosperity will naturally result.
Our motto is: Do the right thing…and do it with passion.
KEY FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develops financial strategies for all assets across multiple classes: forecasts capital; projects expenses; identifies potential impediments to projected ROI’s.
- Monitors financial performance for all assets by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Reports financial status for all assets to funding partners on a regular basis (quarterly, annually).
- Manages budgeting process for all assets and also the corporate overhead, coordinating both Finance and Accounting resources.
- Directly supervises all aspects of the Finance and Accounting departments, including a group of phenomenal people!
- Develops finance operational strategies by evaluating industry trends; establishing critical measurements; implementing systems; making positive changes.
- Ensure best practices are followed: use effective internal controls, compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Support land acquisition members through the due diligence process of potential assets.
- Assist Accounting department and outside firms with tax preparation and review audits.
- Work closely with the senior management team to direct and lead our company.
KEY BUSINESS SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA designation preferred.
- 15+ years experience as a senior financial manager in land development, home building, or a related field.
- Advanced computer skills and good knowledge of Accounting software systems.
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker
- Critical to have good interpersonal skills and be able to work well as part of a team.
- Respected leader
- Wise decision maker who wants to do the right thing