Macada Properties (MP) is one of eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey’s fastest growing, privately held healthcare real estate development and asset management firms. Macada Properties manages over 700,000 square feet of healthcare real estate in 20+ locations including: specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, transitional care units, multi-specialty clinics, and walk-in care centers. Through project, facilities, and asset management support, MP has successfully partnered with its anchor tenant, Coordinated Health, in the design, development and construction of numerous facilities. With MP’s partnership, CH achieved the U.S. government’s highest 5-star CMS rating for superior hospital quality and patient service, Top Performer rating from The Joint Commission three years in a row, and top safety and patient satisfaction scores from Health Grades and Consumer Reports.
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the department
- Responsible for all financial functions including maintaining general ledger accounts, tenant collections, bank reconciliations, financial statement preparation, and oversee AP/AR functions. Conduct Balance Sheet reconciliation; ensuring all payables and receivables are reconciled and documented. Preparation and review of CAM and shared expense invoicing, real estate tax, insurance and other miscellaneous reconciliations.
- Maintain and update portfolio’s assets and depreciation on a monthly basis.
- Prepare all aspects of the monthly and annual financial statement package, including journal entries, general ledger analysis & review, distribution of reports and month-end closing in a timely manner. Manage monthly balance sheet reconciliations, bank reconciliations, financial reports, rent rolls and other ad hoc reports. Prepare financial models or analyses as needed.
- Maintain construction project budgets and associated reports. Process construction draws and vendor invoices. Provide coding for vendor invoices related to construction projects. Assist with items as required for acquisition of property.
- Challenges and understands financial data so issues are resolved and financial results are properly recorded and presented.
- Monitor cash including bank transfers, develop and implement online banking and electronic transfers, prepare weekly accounts payable, prepare deposits, support preparation of tax returns, open and manage new bank accounts as needed. Review financial information to ensure compliance with GAAP. Maintain a high degree of confidentiality in regards to general ledger accounts managed.
- Administer all project and general ledger accounts. Track and reconcile all spending using the aforementioned accounting tools, working with accounts payable. Track and manage costs for all construction projects.
- Work with management to review variance explanations and monthly accruals, review/prepare annual budgets for entire portfolio, review forecasts, and assist with operating expense recovery reimbursements.
- Assist in the preparation, solicitation, and review of bids, proposals, and administration of financial documents related to capital construction projects. Supports analysis of construction bids and lender financing with management team.
- Consistently evaluate opportunities to increase organization’s business efficiencies Manage operational expenses and project costs by evaluating processes and business flow; implementing reporting and cross functional solutions to support facility and construction management teams; vetting return on investment for energy efficient systems and other building systems.
- Prepare and maintain records, reports, and files related to projects, contractors, plans, and banking/financial activities.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Plan and implement systems that perform the work and fulfill the mission and the goals of the department efficiently and effectively.
- Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet departmental productivity and quality goals.
- Serve as lead financial liaison between MP, vendors, and clients. As lead financial liaison, position is responsible for coordination between MP construction management team, vendors, clients and other professional stakeholders throughout the design, development, and construction process; direct and monitor project budgets, including the work of architects, contractors, and other consultants.
- Work with facilities management team to review variance explanations and monthly accruals, review/prepare portions of property annual budgets, review forecasts, and assist with operating expense recovery reimbursements.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting/Finance) or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience in an accounting role in a real estate and/or property management firm a must
- Minimum 5-7 years of hands-on accounting experience
- Highly degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks a must
- Hands-on, self-motivated team player able to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including strong technical writing skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and experience in business, supervision, and management.
- Interact effectively as part of a team. Handle a dynamic work environment with competing priorities.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Experience with MRI Software a plus