Hilco Real Estate has an immediate opening for a Senior Sales Associate to source and originate new opportunities to broker or auction single properties and portfolios of assets. The ideal candidate will have business development experience, calling prospective commercial real estate sellers with the primary goal of securing new disposition/brokerage assignments. Commercial real estate underwriting, marketing and sales, and account management experience is a significant plus. This position will be an integral member of our real estate sales team with an opportunity for career growth. Hilco is based in Northbrook IL, but we are seeking candidates in the Los Angeles region who will telecommute, sourcing opportunities throughout the California marketplace.
- Lead Generation/Research –Identify, pursue and foster new business opportunities
- Property Underwriting/Valuation – Gather market data and property valuation intelligence for properties in markets across the U.S.
- Pipeline Reporting – Utilize the company’s proprietary system for reporting the status of pending leads and opportunities on a timely basis
- Special Projects – Various other research, business development and transaction-specific projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years in commercial real estate industry is required – broker license preferred; auction experience a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge and enthusiasm necessary to sell commercial real estate in accelerated timeframes
- Technically proficient; fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel a must), advanced internet skills and the ability to quickly comprehend and utilize market research tools and data sources. Overall strong background in the technology of real estate sales required
- Experience using various online real estate listing databases, including LoopNet and CoStar, is also a plus
- Experience with legal (sale) documentation
- Some experience with financial modeling and/or Argus is a plus
- Self-confidence with sales, negotiation, and closing ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task in a results-oriented environment. We work on many projects simultaneously with tight deadlines requiring quick turnarounds. Ideal candidate must be a self-starter and a quick study.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, marketing, or related field.
- Opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, successful real estate team that has conducted thousands of transactions worth billions of dollars
- This position includes a base salary plus commission.
About the Company:
Hilco Real Estate helps clients improve leverage and cash flow by disposing of, repositioning, and restructuring their real estate commitments. The company’s focus is to help businesses optimize real estate value in the shortest period of time. Hilco’s real estate dispositions group has national coverage and monetizes all asset classes of real estate.