Steelbridge is a unique real estate private equity investment firm that also offers real estate services in property and asset management, tenant representation and real estate consulting. Our distinctive competitive advantage is our ability to bridge our successes, insights and outlook as an investor and owner into the real estate services we selectively offer to third party owners and tenants.
At the core of our notable track record as both investors and service providers are two things: a highly local, targeted and research driven investment methodology and a dedication to personalized, boutique service. With locations in Miami and Chicago, Steelbridge is focused primarily in the Southeast and the Midwest in our investments and our real estate services.
Steelbridge, unlike the larger national real estate services firms, is proud to offer its third party clients a fresh, independent and highly local approach to real estate services. Recently named as one of the region’s top commercial property management firms by the South Florida Business Journal, it provides full-service, long-term property asset and portfolio management services for a diverse group of institutional, corporate, international and high net worth private property owners. Employing strategies and processes developed through years as an owner and operator of office and mixed-use properties, we install qualified on-site building managers, implement efficient operations, improve accounting and reporting, reduce operating expenses, increase occupancy, improve tenant retention and quality of life and increase revenue. We also bring our strategic vision as owners to asset and portfolio management, including buy/sell analysis, portfolio balancing decisions, capital investment and oversight, property valuation, and real estate service outsourcing.
Steelbridge currently manages over 1.8 million square feet of real estate for our own accounts as well as third-party clients. Our firm is now seeking a Senior Property Manager for a Class A, trophy quality office building located in Downtown Ft. Lauderdale. Additional details pertaining to this unique career opportunity are delineated below.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of a trophy, downtown mixed-use property containing office, retail and structured parking.
- Maintains tenant, vendor and property files, including insurance certificates, lease abstracts, etc. in accordance with prescribed standards.
- Prepares internal lease administration documents such as lease abstracts as directed. Assists in lease administration activities including lease set up, lease changes, reporting, etc.
- Codes invoices for payment, inputs into accounting system and forwards original invoices to accounting for payment. Prepare A/R status worksheets and reconcile A/R.
- May initiate rent collections correspondence and phone contact with tenant where permitted by state regulations.
- Oversee all operations and financial activities.
- Respond to tenant needs, ensuring that building technical staff resolves problems promptly. Ensure that services are provided in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and contractual obligations and standards.
- Ensure periodic regular property inspections. Recommend and/or approve alterations, maintenance and reconditioning as necessary. Contract for and supervise vendor services as required.
- Support the third party leasing company in their efforts to market and lease the property, including qualifying and showing space to prospective tenants, as well as contributing input for new leases and lease renewals.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins and move-outs, and walk-through spaces with tenants and tenant improvement department.
- Act as primary contact with property owners to ensure that objectives are being met. Prepare and deliver timely, accurate and complete reports.
- Develop and control annual budgets for operating and capital expenses. Forecast and prepare monthly property performance reports, explaining variances.
- Tracks the collection of rents and approves expenses in compliance with lease terms. Assists in the creation of required legal notices. Recommend and coordinate legal action as necessary.
- Review monthly tenant charges, bill-backs, special billing and eensure accuracy of billing per the leases.
- Review and reconcile tenant rent and Common Area Maintenance (CAM) recovery charges.
- Assist in the negotiation of early terminations of leases. Provide lease analysis for owner's review and approval. Documents any settlements and notifies affected parties.
- Support all property sales by assisting in overseeing due diligence process and monitoring the activity of third party brokers.
- Develop business relationships through membership and participation in professional, industry/trade and civic organizations.
- Maintain applicable licenses and accreditations required in connection with the performance of duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide formal supervision to individual employees related to the property. Recommend staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Plan and monitor appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepare and deliver performance appraisal for staff. Mentor and coach team members to further develop competencies. Lead by example and model behavior that are consistent with the company's values.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conduct advanced financial analysis.
- Comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Solve problems involving several options in situations. Advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager a plus.
- Make decisions with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.