The Real Estate Portfolio Analyst position can be assigned surveillance and asset management duties or a combination of duties from these major functional areas. Your primary responsibilities will include operating statement analysis, property inspection reviews and working directly with borrowers, borrowers’ agents or representatives, Voya correspondents and external/internal legal counsel in reviewing/approving portfolio maintenance requests (i.e. future funding draws, transfers of ownership, lease reviews, etc.).
- Ensure that operating statements and rent rolls are obtained, analyzed and accurately entered into Voya’s analytical tool.
- Review and approve property inspections completed by third-party service providers.
- Assess, monitor and report property deferred maintenance issues.
- Ensure that all portfolio maintenance requests (i.e. reserve releases, future funding draws, transfers of ownership, lease reviews, easements, etc.) are reviewed and processed on time.
- Assist in the review and analysis of various loan documents and drafting conditional side letters.
- Coordinate portfolio maintenance requests closing and post-closing activities with the legal team.
- Promote a positive attitude and working environment among fellow employees.
- Follow company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Develop efficient working relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by department management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field. Emphasis in commercial real estate finance is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of commercial real estate and analytical experience required.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience reading complex loan documents.
- Proficiency in Excel and CREFC analysis.
- Knowledge of analytical and marketing tools (Rockport, CoStar, REIS, etc.) is a plus.