Penn Florida Companies, a Boca Raton based owner, developer and manager of commercial and residential real estate, is currently seeking an experienced Budgeting & Finance Reporting Manager with real estate development experience.
This is an opportunity to join a leader in the real estate industry in a challenging position that will interact with our senior management team.
This person will be directly responsible for working with the development team on new budgets, tracking the costs incurred to date, updating the costs to complete, analyzing variances and performing the reporting function to various stakeholders.
This position must be able to perform the following duties and manage the following area of responsibilities:
- Develop project budgets for various development assets
- Support in developing and implementing a cost control approach adhering to best practice for all development projects
- Summarize budgets and submit recommendations for the approval or disapproval of funds requests
- Computes data and conducts analysis for financial reporting, yearly and quarterly financial statements and balance sheet
- Prepares specific reports requested by the management according to guidelines provided
- Highlight potential risks and suggest mitigating factors
- Develop corrective financial action plans, as required
- Monitor and analyze total-project cost forecasts. Coordinate with project team to manage and update cash flow projections
- Utilize Company systems to manage and report on budgets, actual expenditures, and future forecasts
- Perform or assist with financial compliance and procedural audits
- Direct the preparation of regular and special budget reports
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance preferred or equivalent from an accredited college or university required
- At least 3 years’ experience in Budgeting and Finance
- At least 3 years’ experience in real estate development
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Knowledge of GAAP related to real estate accounting and consolidations
- Team player, with ability to collaborate with other departments within the organization
- Ability to work flexible hours depending on various Budgeting/Finance project deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills