GTIS Partners is a global real estate investment firm headquartered in New York with additional offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, Sao Paulo, Brazil, Munich, Germany and Paris, France. GTIS has approximately 85 employees and has raised $3.6 billion of equity commitments from institutional and high net worth clients since its inception in 2005. The firm pursues opportunistic real estate. To date, the firm has committed capital to residential, retail, industrial, office, hotel and mixed-use projects in the United States and Brazil.
US Analyst - Acquisitions
Reports to: Managing Director – US Acquisitions
Date: October 2017
The Analyst will be responsible for supporting the acquisitions team in the origination, underwriting and execution of US real estate investm
The Analyst, Investments will:
- Synthesize large amounts of disparate information about each investment opportunity.
- Create complex, customized financial models for each investment opportunity.
- Thoughtfully and creatively analyze findings.
- Perform extensive due diligence and assist in deal execution.
- Prepare presentation materials, including investment committee memos.
- Perform in-depth market research to support/reject investment theses under consideration.
- Support equity capital markets team in responding to investor requests from prospective and existing investors.
- Work collaboratively with members of the firm’s acquisitions, equity capital markets, asset management and finance teams.
- Effectively communicate, both internally and externally, both verbally and in written word.
Required Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years of directly relevant work experience underwriting and analyzing real estate investment opportunities, preferably at an investment bank or private equity firm
- Undergraduate degree required in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or related field
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills with strong attention detail
- Demonstrated skill in constructing complex financial models using Excel (ARGUS experience preferred)
- Deal instinct and investor mentality
- High energy; superior work ethic
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starting personality that can work well with limited direction and within tight deadlines
- Well-suited to work within an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance
- Team player who is attracted to a small, collegial working environment
- Unquestioned integrity
- This is a largely sedentary role.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Some domestic travel is expected for this position
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Degree from a top undergraduate university
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
GTIS Partners LP (“GTIS”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.