The Neighborhood Development Company invests in strategically located properties that allow the company to add significant value through skilled planning, risk management, operations and development. The company focuses on Urban Infill residential and mixed use opportunities within the District of Columbia.
The Neighborhood Development Company is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to assist with the oversight of multiple development projects for the owner/developer from design assistance and preconstruction oversight through completion. The candidate will be responsible for assisting in the management of development teams and other third party contractors, monitoring budgets, ensuring compliance, and a host of other tasks associated with successful delivery of the project.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist with management of multiple projects at different phases of development simultaneously to ensure timely completion on budget
- Review all project documents & drawings to determine constructability concerns
- Budget management, forecasting, fiscal documentation and management
- Planning, scheduling and tracking of project timelines and progress
- Assist with vendor selection, vendor management, invoice approvals, bank draws and contract management
- Work in multiple financial models and provide input & recommendations to ownership to maximize return on investment
- Demonstrate leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong Familiarity with MS Office Suite, Google, Dropbox & MS Project
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on new challenges and increasing responsibilities
- Knowledge of construction management processes, regulations and quality standards
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering construction documents
- Ability to operate in a deadline driven environment
- Exceptional “follow up” abilities
- This position is expected to spend a significant portion of time on the construction site.
- An understanding of the Washington, DC market including permit processes, inspections, DDOT, DCRA, Public Utilities and other government agencies is also necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. S. or B.A.) from four-year College or university preferred.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in construction management and/or Real Estate Development, preferably involving multifamily residential and complex mixed-use projects