Position Title: Real Estate Investment Analyst
Reports to: Co-Head of Investments
Job Description: WPT Capital Advisors, LLC (“WPT”) is seeking an Analyst to join its investment team in Minneapolis, MN and support all aspects of WPT’s acquisition, development, and disposition activities. Primary job responsibilities include underwriting potential investments, preparing materials for internal and external meetings, assisting with due diligence on transactions, creating and maintaining forecast models for vehicles managed by WPT, and providing any additional support needed by the investment team and executive management. Competitive compensation will be paid commensurate with each candidate’s experience level.
About Our Business: WPT is a growing real estate investment advisory firm focused on acquiring, developing, and operating industrial warehouse and bulk-distribution buildings throughout the United States. It invests on behalf of third-party investors through two lines of business. WPT currently acts as the external manager of a publicly-traded real estate investment trust – WPT Industrial REIT (the “REIT”) – and is responsible for managing the REIT’s operations and investment activities. The REIT’s current portfolio consists of 51 properties, totaling over 17 million square feet. In addition to managing the REIT, WPT also acts as investment advisor to large institutional investors, focusing primarily on development and value-add opportunities throughout the United States.
- Prepare detailed financial analysis for the firm’s investment activities, including IRR calculations, equity multiple calculations, NPV cash flows, promote calculations and associated cash flow waterfalls
- Conduct detailed portfolio analysis and modeling of the investment vehicles managed by the company
- Perform comprehensive due diligence on new acquisitions, including; review and summarize 3rd party reports, perform lease reviews, and ensure accuracy of financial and Argus models
- Author, prepare and help present, at the direction of the investment team, detailed investment memorandums and supporting documentation for presentation to the firm’s various investment committees and external investors
- Attend regular meetings and conference calls to review the firm’s investment pipeline and discuss prospective investments in detail
- Manage the preparation and updating of reports and databases focused on WPT’s portfolio
- Assist the firm’s accounting and finance staff with its new investment onboarding and valuation processes
- Develop an understanding of industrial real estate, market dynamics and real estate fundamentals, contract negotiation, and lease terminology
- Stay informed of current industry and market trends, and maintain a detailed database of a competitive set of lease and sale transaction data
- Build and maintain a network of commercial real estate professionals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- CFA and/or MBA or equivalent advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant financial or real estate experience.
- Well-developed financial, analytical, reporting and presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information
- Advanced computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Argus Enterprise
- Experience with industry databases including Real Capital Analytics, SNL Financial, and/or CoStar
- Understanding of real estate and finance terminology
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently and within a team; interacting effectively with both internal and external business partners
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully under pressure, and effectively prioritize and manage time and workload
- Desire to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative and driven professional environment
Full/Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Required ability to sit or stand for long periods
The majority of duties for this job description will be performed within an office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EEO/Affirmative Action Statement:
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Best Representation Statement:
This job description is written to the best of our knowledge as of the date of this document. All job descriptions are subject to change without notice based on business needs.