The Company is a privately held real estate development, investment and management company that has acquired or developed more than 13 million square feet of commercial, residential, mixed-use and industrial projects. The Company is well positioned for smart growth in its core markets and has actively acquired over 4.5 MSF in the past 24 months.
The Company is seeking an Associate who to assist in the Asset Management, Capital Markets, Acquisitions, and Development functions of the firm. The Associate will work in asset management, underwriting, and closing of company assets, and will provide support functions for areas including leasing, development management, financings, investor relations, dispositions, etc. Additionally, this role will support the Capital Markets and Acquisitions team on new investments, financings and refinancings, equity raises, etc.
The ideal candidate is a diligent worker and team player, who has advanced proficiency in Excel and Argus, solid analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work independently and excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidates must be able to juggle numerous balls at once and be willing to work hard until the job is done.
The position has an immediate start and compensation will be commensurate with experience and competitive within the marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Asset Management team with support during lease and renewal negotiations including lease analysis, LOI and lease drafting, and transitioning new leases to the Construction and Property Management teams.
- Work with Lease Administrator to ensure lease compliance and that all property level data is accurately tracked.
- Review tenant operating expense audits with Property Management and Accounting.
- Coordinate tenant estoppel and SNDA processes for acquisitions, dispositions, and financings.
- Construct financial models for new acquisitions
- Update models for material changes (new leasing, capital and market assumptions) in connection with reporting requirements for each asset.
- Conduct updated underwriting and valuations of existing portfolio investments.
- Manage and maintain cash flow projections for each asset.
- Coordinate with brokers in the creation of leasing assumptions.
- Thoroughly review draft budgets, with particular focus on accuracy of leasing and capital assumptions, as well as reimbursement calculations.
- Coordinate with property manager and accounting in finalizing the budgets.
Business Plan Preparation
- Prepare annual business plans incorporating budget, leasing, capital and valuation assumptions, as well as a summary of the relevant real estate market.
- This position will look at the opportunities associated with the value add and strategic disposition in the market, supporting the portfolio objectives.
Management of Tenants, Leasing & Capital Programs
- Coordinate the timely execution of leasing and marketing programs.
- Coordinate with property managers to ensure timely execution of capital plans and address material deviations from plan.
- Review and manage current real estate tax assessments and appeal processes.
- Develop a response and recommendation to tenant collection matters and defaults.
Capital Markets and Acquisitions
- Underwrite and analyze new investment opportunities.
- Assist with coordination of due diligence activities to facilitate acquisitions and dispositions.
- Coordinate orderly integration of newly purchased assets.
- Develop and track development budgets, interface with account
- Development and maintain development schedules and timelines.
- Assist with contractor bidding, bid leveling etc.
- Compile consultant agreements and contracts.
- Interact with capital partners and lenders on property level funding requirements.
- Assist in the review and analysis of various joint-venture and loan documents.
- Analyze asset-level operating statements.
- Periodic travel for asset inspection and market review.
- Demonstrated interest in and passion for the Real Estate field
- Strong work ethic and financial acumen
- Pragmatic problem solver with a common-sense approach
- Team player with entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Argus
- Ability to work independently multitask, prioritize, organize