The Corporate Real Estate Specialist is a key position on the Corporate Real Estate Management (CREM) team, supporting the Continental North American businesses. The Continental NA portfolio is approximately 30 Million SF. This role will focus on Mexico, but is also involved in US and Canadian real estate. The person in this role will work on a wide variety of real estate transactions, including, but not limited to leases, acquisitions, dispositions, build-to-suits, subleases and M&A due diligence. The CRE Specialist will also handle location related questions, evaluation/analysis of site or lease/purchase options, lease database management and ensuring the business units meet internal approval processes.
• In alignment with Sr. Manager coordinates with business unit leaders / project leaders / CREM (Hannover - HQ) to assist with project initiation and scope definition of real estate requests.
• Coordinates field broker selection and other required resources, subject matter experts, and business partners according to CREM guidelines.
• Ensures brokers provide standard deliverables, including market comparable reports, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal comparison packages, letters of intent, and broker's opinions of value, etc.
• Under the guidance of the Sr. Manager and/or legal, negotiates leases and lease amendments, disposes of surplus property and locates and acquires new properties that meet businesses requirements within determined timelines.
• Collaborates with business unit leaders, assisting with internal coordination of real estate related topics with other central functions (Legal, Tax, M&A, EHS, Logistics, Purchasing, Accounting, Controlling, Group Finance, Facility Management).
• Reviews, analyzes, and interprets financial analysis templates including IRR (internal rate of return) and/or NPV (net present value), financial analyses to enable the business units to make more informed decisions.
• Assists with the transition to a SAAS lease database and the implementation of IFRS lease documentation.
• Coordinates selected investors, developers and other parties involved in buildtosuit projects.
• Prepares appraisals and due diligence analysis of real estate properties in smaller M&A projects.
• Contributes to process or workflow improvements.
|*Job Requirements :|
|Basic Qualifications: |
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years of relevant real estate experience
• Fluent in Spanish (written and verbal)
• Corporate or commercial real estate experience
• Experience in corporate real estate preferred
• Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret most complex real estate related documents.
• Experience with lease administration software and/or processes.
• Strong computer software application skills (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.