The Facility Services Department is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Worker for multiple locations.
Hennepin County's Facility Services Department is responsible for comprehensive management of the county's properties and facilities. The Building Management Division provides integrated facility management services for many Hennepin County buildings. Advanced background check may be required.
The county offers impressive benefits that include: health, dental, vision, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, 11 paid holidays per year in addition to paid time off (PTO), paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a defined benefit pension plan (PERA), retirement savings programs, trade time for fitness, and many more.
The list created from this posting may be used to fill future full-time vacancies.
Effective January 7, 2018, there will be a general salary adjustment of 2.5% to all pay steps.
The primary duties and responsibilities of these positions include:
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled building maintenance duties involved in the repair and maintenance of buildings, facilities and grounds.
- Perform general duties including: painting, carpentry, light vehicle service, light plumbing, grounds maintenance, and interior and exterior cleaning of the facilities.
- Install, repair and maintain a variety of plumbing fixtures including flush valves, water fountains, toilets, faucets and related equipment.
- Maintain and operate a variety of power and hand tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate and maintain large equipment; maintain driveways and other concrete surfaces.
- (e.g. sweeping, snow removal, etc.); shovel and plow snow in extremely cold temperatures.
- Upkeep outdoor landscape; work in all weather conditions such as grass trimming, hedge trimming, tree trimming, chainsaw work, and other similar types of tasks.
- Empty trash containers, collect and dispose of trash from grounds.
- Assist building engineer and contractors.
- Order and receive inventory, and deliver equipment and supplies.
- Operate and maintain small gas engines/equipment.
- Perform janitorial duties; clean and stock restrooms, clean windows.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- One year or more of general mechanical and facilities maintenance experience.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a Hennepin County driver's permit.
- At least one year of experience servicing and repairing lawn and power equipment.
- Knowledge of the use of hand and power tools, welding equipment, and blade sharpening equipment.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to:
- Operate motorized snow removal and lawn maintenance equipment.
- Work early and/or extended hours, and to be on call for weekends and holidays to accommodate the needs of the facilities.
- Work under conditions hazardous to oneself and others; work outdoors in extreme temperatures.
- Regularly lift up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Communicate effectively with customer, clients, and co-workers.
- Work as a team member and independently to complete assigned work.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Job offer will be contingent on an employment history/reference check, background check including fingerprinting, and driver's license check prior to employment.
Job offer will be contingent on an employment history/reference check, background check including fingerprinting, and driver's license check prior to employment.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.