Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, The Monthly Dividend Company®. Realty Income attracts smart, high performing individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and team work. If working in a highly professional environment that rewards employees resonates with you, please apply today.
Our opening is for an experienced Portfolio Data Analyst who will be responsible for providing portfolio reporting and for creating quantitative models which facilitate strategic management decisions. These responsibilities are aimed at enhancing the value of the portfolio, and at communicating portfolio performance to the Executive Office, as well as to public investors and analysts.
Specifically, the Portfolio Data Analyst will be responsible to:
- Identify, aggregate, manipulate, and interpret data from multiple sources (including MRI, Yardi, and legal documents) to create reporting packages, dynamic electronic dashboards, and other tools for team members and executives (e.g. portfolio sale and lease activity results, occupancy projections, real estate transaction pipelines).
- Monitor market, real estate, industry, and tenant trends to assess portfolio risk and make recommendations for strategic risk mitigation, including potential divestment or proactive lease negotiation.
- Support the deployment of business intelligence and data visualization tools.
- Identify and develop new analyses and explore quantitative models to draw valid conclusions that will impact business strategies.
- Understand data requirements and seek out new sources of data for analysis. Examples may include Esri, Costar, and REgis.
- Review and advise on the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of data metrics utilized by internal and public reporting materials.
- Using underlying data from various sources, provide written commentary on portfolio results and communicate the projected outcome of future results to senior management.
- Prepare presentation materials for Board of Directors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree: B.S. or B.A.
- Previous work experience: At least two years of work experience as a data analyst with experience in database analytics and report writing.
- Experience designing and deploying data reporting, data visualization, and business intelligence solutions with direct interaction with end users.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access or other database tools. Tableau experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills; ability to present ideas and make recommendations to all levels of the organization.
- SQL database report writing and query skills. Crystal Reports and Tableau experience a plus.
- Take initiative to identify opportunities and create solutions that improve business practices and results, thinking outside of current systems and procedures.
- Skilled in data manipulation, cleaning, and mapping.
- Experience with configuring deal pipeline management tools a plus (e.g., VTS, Yardi).
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy and quality in the work product.
- Highly analytical with demonstrated creativity, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.