Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, The Monthly Dividend Company®. Realty Income attracts smart, high-performing individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and team work. If working in a highly professional environment that rewards employees resonates with you, please apply today.
Our opening is for an experienced Senior Auditor will be responsible for the successful completion of assigned audit engagements including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities. Evaluates the adequacy of internal controls by applying risk and control concepts to scenarios encountered. Communicates identified issues to the Director of Internal Audit to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
Specifically, the Senior Auditor will be responsible for:
- Maintain the Sarbanes-Oxley risk control matrices which map internal controls to related control objectives and financial statement and disclosure assertions.
- Maintain appropriate process documentation including narratives and flowcharts.
- Perform walkthroughs, testing, and analysis to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Develop and implement Sarbanes-Oxley compliance best practices.
- Interpret changes in the regulatory environment (e.g., SEC, PCAOB) or industry frameworks (e.g., COSO) and provide recommendations to meet those requirements and improve business processes.
Internal Audit Plan
- Maintain an informed perspective on organizational risks.
- Evaluate compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provide value added recommendations to improve processes.
- Identify reportable issues, perform root cause analysis, and establish remediation requirements.
- Ensure identified audit findings have been vetted with appropriate management.
- Ensure audit results are presented in a clear and concise manner.
- Monitor progress to ensure corrective actions are implemented timely.
- Communicate results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and/or oral presentations to management.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- 2-5 years professional audit experience.
- Experience with a Big 4 accounting firm strongly preferred.
- Real estate industry or Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) experience preferred.
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strategic, creative, and critical thinker with the ability to synthesize complex information and conceptualize solutions.
- Ability to establish effective business relationships within the organization and maintain knowledge of the Company’s operations.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of leadership. Must be able to convey complicated topics and issues in a straight forward and concise manner, and be able to tailor communication style to the audience.
- A quick learner that displays excellent judgment and problem-solving skills which enable timely and appropriately risk balanced advice and guidance.
- A team player who displays self-confidence, encourages collaboration, and establishes credibility that earns organizational trust from superiors and peers who can find common ground in solving problems.
- A history of building and maintaining a solid network and excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of Internal Audit methodologies and techniques; experience with risk-based internal auditing and annual planning; demonstrated knowledge of SOX 404 regulations and compliance.
- Knowledge of manual and automated systems of internal control.
- Knowledge of management information systems, concepts, and best practices and familiarity with IT standards.
- Demonstrated integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values.
- Self-motivation and initiative to organize and prioritize work, advancing multiple assignments concurrently within established timelines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.