EDENS is a $6.2 billion private real estate investment company that develops, owns and operates community-oriented shopping places in primary markets across the country. Our reputation is built on crafting innovative concepts, curating an inspiring mix of merchants, delivering seamless construction projects and enriching the neighborhoods we serve. EDENS creates inspiring, energizing centers that shape the future of their communities.
Under limited supervision of the Director of Property Operations, the Regional Property Manager independently manages and is responsible for bottom line performance of all assigned properties including preventive and reactive maintenance of facility systems, property budgeting, income and expense control and lease administration. Performs duties that require analysis of technical problems relating to the above functions; plans and schedules tasks relative to the above functions, and various interrelated activities.
Regional Property Managers will spend upwards of 2 months working in our Bethesda, Maryland office where they will receive extensive hands on training.
- Provide exemplary customer service through a proactive and positive approach.
- Inspects assigned properties in accordance with departmental procedure, identifies any physical plant deficiencies and corrects the deficiency in accordance with budgeted guidelines, established property standards and ownership approval.
- Collects all base rent, expense pass through billings and percentage rent as dictated by the lease agreement. Follows up on late rent payments; issues late notices, negotiates payment plans with delinquent tenants, initiates collection proceedings as needed.
- Maintains operating expenses within budgeted allowances.
- Monitor and maintain property portfolio Angus work orders.
- Maintains accurate and complete system data to include tenant gross sales and insurance information, property information sheets, site plans, roof inventory spreadsheets, etc.
- Bids and negotiates maintenance agreements with contractors for the upkeep of the center.
- Review and approve accurately all payables for assigned properties.
- Prepare and present annual operating budgets for assigned properties.
- Reviews monthly operating statements and prepares variance reports for submission to the regional Director of Investments.
- Interfaces with ownership, property tenants, the Leasing and Construction Departments, as well as various contractors to insure the effective operation of the property.
- Possesses the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner, both written and orally.
- Works closely with Tenant Coordination during new tenant build out.
- Other duties as required.
- On call 24 hours a day.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Valid Drivers License and up-to-date private auto collision and liability insurance.
- Must be able to operate in Windows environment proficiently. Ability to learn specific property management software. High proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel software to meet reporting, correspondence and budgeting needs as defined above. Ability to send e-mail and retrieve Internet information. Ability to operate hardware and manage and download files both electronically and from diskette. Ability to understand and monitor social media including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.