Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and submit annual budget(s) and monthly reports, demonstrating a clear understanding of financial variances, ensuring a high quality of analysis and consideration for the goals of the asset and financial performance relative to underwriting proforma.
- Develop and implement an effective ongoing tenant relations plan, implement initiatives, and manage tenant relationships to ensure tenant retention and a high level of service including timely and complete resolution of tenant concerns, coordinating special services and requests and conducting formal and informal inspections.
- Effectively oversee all construction projects to ensure tenant improvements, common area improvements, and other construction related projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Work with engineers to resolve building issues and proactively identify upgrades, efficiencies and operational programming.
- Effectively manage relationships with other business groups, e.g. leasing, asset management, to ensure a high level of tenant service and achievement of company and property goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate effective management, leadership, coaching and development of the Property Manager and Senior Tenant Services Administrators.
- Ability to implement and oversee those policies and programs which will ensure compliance with company operational standards.
Required Skills, Experience, & Credentials:
- 10-15 years of increasingly responsible experience in managing mid-to-high rise, Class A commercial real estate properties, preferably in New York City. Must have a minimum of 5 years in a General Manager or higher level role.
- 10-15 years of experience managing commercial real estate including multi-tenant projects in excess of 500,000 square feet dealing with building operations, managing staff and service contracts, tenant retention and tenant improvements.
- Strong working knowledge of cash and accrual accounting principles for property management in the use of budget creation, budget analysis, preparation of forecast statements (income, expenses and capital), monthly report preparation to include variance explanations, financial statement analysis, and the handling of building accounts.
- Strong working knowledge of risk management, construction processes, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, vertical transportation systems, building automation and life safety systems. Ability to problem-solve with engineers and identify proactive upgrades, efficiencies and operational programming.
- Expert knowledge of customer service principles and practices, including a demonstrated ability to effectively address and resolve tenant issues in a busy and dynamic building (this building has over 150 tenants).
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Business, Real Estate or related field from a four-year college or university.
Ideal Experience & Credentials:
- Yardi experience highly desirable.
- C.P.M. or R.P.A. designations preferred.
- LEED AP designation preferred.
Shorenstein is one of the country’s oldest and most respected real estate organizations active nationally in the ownership and operation of high-quality office properties. More recently, Shorenstein has made selective investments in multifamily rental properties. Due to its success over many years and multiple real estate cycles, Shorenstein has established its reputation as a creative and knowledgeable investor. The company is privately owned and is headquartered in San Francisco. The company’s current portfolio totals 21.3 million square feet in 16 markets, with a gross value of $7.1 billion. Shorenstein provides asset management, leasing, property management and construction services to the properties in its portfolio through its wholly-owned property services affiliate, Shorenstein Realty Services.
Shorenstein is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), status as a protected veteran, disability, genetic information, or any other statuses protected by law.
Shorenstein will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.