Jamestown is recruiting for an Acquisitions Analyst in our Atlanta headquarters. The Analyst is responsible for performing both qualitative and quantitative analyses to support the real estate acquisition process.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, or a related field of study from an accredited institution; and
- One to three years of experience in institutional-level real estate management; or
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
New Deal Review
- Assist with review of new investment opportunities including review of offering materials, conductingresearch, or discussing opportunities with brokers or sellers
- Register and update deals on the Pipeline and Leads List reports
- Significant contribution to Investment Committee Memos
- Support investment underwriting process as requested
Underwriting & Due Diligence
- Build financial models in Excel and Argus utilizing budgets, leases/lease abstracts, expense information,market leasing assumptions, and property information as directed by Associate, VP, or Director
- Conduct market research as requested, including compiling and synthesizing comparable propertyinformation and maps for property sales or leasing information
- Abstract lease documents, loan documents, or other legal documents as requested
- Support legal review process as requested, which may include review of physical or environmental reports; title reports; surveys;
- Support closing process as requested
IMPORTANT JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Basic Financial concepts such as leverage, rates of return, time value of money
- Basic commercial real estate concepts such as ownership and leasehold interests, operations,capital improvements
- Basic market fundamental statistics such as rents, vacancy, absorption, new starts
- Basic Excel modeling
- Basic Argus knowledge preferable.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to meet deadlines, accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure & effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Self-motivation, leadership, teamwork and collaboration.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Responsibilities may require an adjusted work schedule, travel, overtime, and evening/weekend hours inorder to meet deadlines or attend special events.
- Real Estate professionals at Jamestown are generally expected to work overtime hours, to be available for evening and weekend work as needed, and to respond to requests promptly, asking, if necessary, for specificguidance on deadlines.