Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a best place to work 38 times regionally over the past decade…
…What are you waiting for?!
Mortenson is seeking an Associate Counsel to support Mortenson Development, Inc. Responsibilities will include:
Provide appropriate legal counsel consistent with Mortenson’s Purpose, Vision, Strategies, Values and operating policies
Structuring, drafting, and assisting in the negotiation, interpretation, and administration of development agreements, turnkey purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, loan documents, franchise agreements, management agreements, leases, construction contracts and encumbrance documents
- Manage outside counsel and other professionals
Prepare and deliver training on development related topics
- Work directly with various business teams and counsel internal business clients on a broad range of day-to-day issues involving management of existing assets
Advise and assist with a variety of other real estate, construction and cooperate legal issues
- Admission to practice law
- Three to Seven years of legal experience with a minimum of 3 years of commercial real estate development legal experience
- Strong basic legal skills
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial real estate development legal experience in a law firm setting
- Adaptive, effective communication skills suitable for a client-focused business
- Versatility, efficiency and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to bring added value
- Significant experience with commercial real estate development, commercial lending, debt and equity financing, joint venture formations, turnkey and raw land acquisitions and dispositions
- Excellent project management, communication and leadership skills and ability to take on substantial project responsibility.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
- Strong academic and professional credentials
Mortenson is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.