My client, a leader in the management of Class A office space is currently seeking an Assistant Property Manager to support the Property Management and Operations group. The position will be located in Herndon VA and will require close interaction with Senior Management and collaboration with the acquisition, asset management, leasing, construction, and accounting professionals of the company.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Assisting the Senior Property Manager in all aspects of building management. â€¢ Aid in the daily operations of the property, which includes tenant relations, cleaning operations, security operations, financial operations (CAMS, accruals, variance reporting, monthly financial reports) and construction projects.
- Assists senior management in establishing contract specifications, solicitation and evaluation of service proposals and issuance of new service contracts utilizing company contract documents.
- Provides contract management and administration to ensure compliance with contract requirements and that policies and procedures are established and adhered to for assigned properties.
- Secures safety and cleanliness of property by collaborating and overseeing service providers, identifying opportunities for improvements, establishing and enforcing required policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
- Assists in the management of line item budget costs for contracts, repairs and maintenance, capital improvement projects and miscellaneous accounts.
- Coordinates, monitors and reviews general construction activity and maintains organized documentation at project completion.
- Review tenant leases, particularly those with clauses that affect the operation of the building.
- Conduct daily inspection of property.
- Review monthly arrears report and demonstrate ability to comprehend and summarize.
- Understand and adhere to property management contract.
Skills and Requirements:
- Interface daily with tenants and respond to tenant inquiries and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to competently operate business related software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Access and network activity
- Interacts with poise, diplomacy and maintains ethical, professional, and courteous relations with employees, visitors and contractors
- Maintains a calm demeanor in emergency situations
- Bachelors Degree required from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in facility/property management as an Assistant Property Manager
- Experience with budgets, operation expenses and contract management
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Excellent customer service skills