Skywalker Properties Ltd. seeks a Facilities Engineer to join the team fulltime at Skywalker Ranch between San Rafael and Nicasio, CA. The Facilities Engineer is responsible for completing hands-on daily maintenance, repair, and operation of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems, elevators, pumps, generators, and lighting throughout Skywalker Properties.
- Performs repairs to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, building automation, generators, UPS systems, fire pumps, sump pumps, etc.
- Performs hands-on maintenance of all building systems according to database schedules and specifications.
- Completes building equipment inspections quarterly, and submits written conclusions to lead engineers and manager.
- Reviews systems in field weekly and reports findings to lead engineers daily.
- Completes small hands-on special projects related to building maintenance for HVAC, pumps, plumbing, UPS systems, elevators, furnishings, and lighting systems both in-side and outside.
- Repairs lighting systems throughout all buildings and grounds, and monitors, adjusts building automation schedules weekly for maximum efficiency.
- Compiles quotes from vendors for material purchases.
- Provides labor support to Ranch Services and event set-ups.
- Provide after-hours emergency support in response to facilities department related issues as needed.
- Provides after hours support as needed, works with other department and division supervisors and managers as needed.
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 4 years of formal training in operations engineering.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Building Engineering/Maintenance.
- Valid California driver's license with a clean driving record.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to perform data entry and work with facilities related software.
- Required to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact effectively within a department and outside the organization
Preferred Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Water Certifications
- HVAC, building automation, electrical expertise
- CFC license for handling of refrigerants.
- Pool operations and maintenance
- Operation of potable and reclaimed water systems