The Assistant Property Manager performs administrative and clerical tasks in support of property management and the building maintenance team. This includes answering tenant and vendor calls, dispatching tenant work order requests, assisting with financial reporting, preparing vendor contracts, processing invoices, and assisting in accounts receivables.
- At least three years’ experience required in property management, commercial real estate preferred.
- Two or four year college degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable processing experience preferred.
- Angus, MRI, or other real estate software experience preferred.
- Understanding and capability of preparing vendor and construction contracts.
- Excellent phone, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, self-disciplined, and highly organized.
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be team-oriented and highly dependable.
- Review online bank accounts daily and enter cash receipts in the accounting system.
- Monitor and reconcile unapplied receipts.
- Prepare tenant adjustment, write-off, and refund forms as required.
- Prepare quarterly bad debt “no reserve” request forms.
- Monitor the delinquency report and pursue tenant collections.
- Document all collection activities in the accounting system.
- Prepare late fees in accordance with the terms of the lease.
- Review and approve invoices per the designated signing authority in the Authority Matrix.
- Work with the treasury department in processing vendor credit applications.
- Ensure property tax payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the Property Accountant to prepare monthly accruals.
Budgeting and Reporting:
- Assist the Property Manager with the annual capital plan, operating budget, and reforecast.
- Document any legal or risk management review of contracts or insurance coverage.
- Assist the Property Manager with construction by preparing the project schedule, monitoring activities, completing the punch list, and tracking the budget.
- Work with vendors and prepare contracts using the signing authority in the Authority Matrix.
- Assist the Property Manager in maintaining the letters of credit and tenant deposits in accordance with the lease requirements, and provide the reporting to the Property Manager.
Building Maintenance, Construction, and Security:
- Assist the Property Manager with building inspections.
- Conduct annual fire drills and other tenant trainings.
- Implement a tenant visitation program and maintain a close relationship with contacts.
- Plan tenant events in accordance with the budget.
- Respond to and enter tenant requests received outside of the tenant work order system.
- Proactively stay involved in the local community and real estate organizations, i.e. BOMA.
Piedmont Office Realty Trust offers a competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits program, as well as the opportunity to grow with an organization that values excellence.
EOE M/F D/V