Industry: Commercial Real Estate – Office, Industrial, Retail
Title: Financial Analyst
Department: Acquisitions / Asset Enhancement
Reports To: Director of Acquisitions
Job Location: Durham, NC
To act in a support position to both the Acquisitions and Asset Enhancement departments, as well as our Capital Markets Group. The Financial Analyst will be intimate with the details involving market, submarket and trade area details for pending commercial real estate acquisitions and existing assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To provide direct support and assistance as needed to the Director of ACQ in the following tasks:
- Detailed underwriting of new acquisitions
- Gather/utilize all data possible (rent roll, T-12 statement, 3 years IS, parking revenue, historical cap ex, etc.) to do thorough underwriting
- Prioritize the various underwriting tasks
- Be intimate with the underwriting to support acquisitions and capital markets in discussions with investors, lenders, brokers and other analysts
- Reinforce our desire to grow acquisitions in everyday dealings with the business and local communities we serve.
To perform the following independently:
- Updates to the underwriting based on input from Capital Markets or Asset Enhancement as a result of further evaluation /due diligence
- Work with Asset Enhancement team to update/maintain Argus runs of our existing assets
- Coordinate with the debt team/CFO for debt input on new acquisitions and existing assets
- Follow up with the due diligence team to make sure updates are accounted for
- Coordinate with the acquisition team any preliminary evaluation of off market underwriting
- Work with other research personnel to understand market related assumptions
- Prepare activity reports regarding off market targets
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A college degree in business, finance, economics, real estate or comparable field
- Two to four years relevant experience
Experience with and a demonstrated ability to:
- Perform financial analyses (cap rate, IRR, NPV, DCF)
- Must be proficient in ARGUS
- Utilize computer software well (Word, Excel, Outlook, and proprietary commercial real estate programs).
- Relate effectively to partners, investors, asset enhancement team and lenders
- Communicate well – written and oral
- Interact via email, phone and in person with the internal team, investors, lenders and other analysts and brokers
- Self-confident, self-motivated, enthusiastic.
- Self-starter capable of accomplishing a task with limited guidance and supervision
- Critical thinker. Results oriented.
- Attention to details
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative, committed to the success of the team.
- See: View CRT Screens, Mobile Phone Screens, Color Perception, Driving.
- Hearing/Listening: Clear Speech.
- Touching/Dexterity: Walk; Bend; Reach; Finger. Lifting - 25 pounds. Sit/Stand.
- Mental/Reasoning Requirements: Reading-Simple; Writing-Simple; Clerical; Basic Math Skills; Analysis/Comprehension; Judgment/Decision Making.
Background check, drug testing required. Two to four years’ experience in relevant experience. Our company uses E-Verify.
Excellent salary and benefits package. For immediate consideration, please respond with resume.