JCR CAPITAL OVERVIEW
JCR Capital is a commercial real estate finance company providing capital solutions to middle market sponsors. JCR provides bridge loans, preferred equity, mezzanine loans, joint venture and programmatic joint venture financing for value-added, opportunistic, distressed, and special situation transactions.
JCR Capital focuses on the middle market, which is assets under $50mm in total value.
JCR Capital has two primary revenue platforms:
- Bridge Loan Platform – Provides first trust loans up to 75% LTV.
- Fund Platform – Writes high yield loans, mezzanine loans, preferred equity, joint venture equity and programmatic joint ventures out of a discretionary fund model.
Supporting these revenue platforms, JCR Capital also has the following platforms:
- Asset Management – Supports both the Bridge Loan Platform and the Fund Platform.
- Capital Formation/Investor Relations – Supports the Fund Platform via managing the LP relationships and working on separate accounts.
- Accounting & Finance – Responsible for reporting and managing JCR’s leverage facilities.
JCR Capital’s Fund Platform is now on Fund III and has just raised $330mm, with recycling capability.
JCR Capital has experienced tremendous growth over the past few years and now has nearly $650mm of AUM. JCR seeks to double this AUM over the next three years.
POSITION OVERVIEW – ASSOCIATE/SENIOR ASSOCIATE
This position will be an Associate or Senior Associate in the Fund Platform and part of an eight-person team focused on the origination, underwriting, due diligence and closing of real estate private equity investments.
- Support JCR Fund Platform in the underwriting and due diligence review of transactions.
- Screen inquiries, which requires interaction and follow-up with Sponsors.
- Cash flow and financial modeling of transactions.
- Review of due diligence material and third-party reports.
- Property-level and market-level research.
- Draft investment term sheets and investment memorandums under the guidance of JCR managing directors.
- Three to five years of analytical experience.
- Excellent Excel modeling skills are needed to demonstrate returns via IRR waterfalls, look backs, data tables, mapping and graphics (model example required).
- Comfortable analyzing real estate projects for financial feasibility as well as analyzing market driven factors.
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to synthesize information from several sources into concise and coherent conclusions (writing sample required).
- Good communication skills.
- Strong motivation and a passion for real estate, with the ability to work without supervision.
- Undergraduate degree required; Masters preferred.
- Prior experience in structuring real estate equity investments.
- Transaction closing experience including familiarity with legal documents and settlement statements.
GROWTH AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The position has unlimited growth opportunity. The candidate has the opportunity to grow into a director position within 24 – 36 months, depending on performance.
- The company prides itself on a collegial work environment, but is a very detailed oriented business and very credit disciplined. The candidate should appreciate this environment.
- The company supports value-added thinking, creativity and problem solving.
CONDITIONS OF WORK
- Some travel is required.
- Hours vary depending on deal flow – flexibility is a must.
- The position is based in Denver, Colorado.
JCR offers a competitive salary, bonus plans, excellent health benefits and a promote-from-within philosophy.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
JCR is one of the largest private equity funds in Colorado. This position will become a key player in the growth of the company.