JCR CAPITAL OVERVIEW
JCR Capital is a commercial real estate finance company providing capital solutions to middle market sponsors. JCR provides bridge loans, preferred equity, mezzanine loans, joint venture and programmatic joint venture financing for value-added, opportunistic, distressed, and special situation transactions.
JCR Capital focuses on the middle market, which is assets under $50mm in total value.
JCR Capital has two primary revenue platforms:
- Bridge Loan Platform – Provides first trust loans up to 75% LTV.
- Fund Platform – Writes high yield loans, mezzanine loans, preferred equity, joint venture equity and programmatic joint ventures out of a discretionary fund model.
Supporting these revenue platforms, JCR Capital also has the following platforms:
- Asset Management – Supports both the Bridge Loan Platform and the Fund Platform.
- Capital Formation/Investor Relations – Supports the Fund Platform via managing the LP relationships and working on separate accounts and “A” note distribution.
- Accounting & Finance – Responsible for reporting and managing JCR’s leverage facilities, including a $50 million subscription line and leverage line used for some fund products.
JCR Capital’s Fund Platform is now on Fund III and has just raised $325mm, with recycling capability.
JCR Capital has experienced tremendous growth over the past few years and now has nearly $650mm of AUM. JCR seeks to double this AUM over the next three years.
The role of the Transaction Manager is to assist and leverage the fund team on processing investments after the term sheet phase. Once an investment has a signed term sheet the transaction manager will be involved will follow that transaction through closing. They will do the following:
- Closing documents: Work with borrower, borrower counsel and JCR counsel to finalize investment documents.
- Internal investment process: Assist with third party due diligence - review reports, etc.
- Manage transaction closing
- Settlement statements
- Funding package
- Final checklist
- Wire coordination
- Fund administration: This will include managing:
- Deal pipeline
- Final matrix
- Leverage reports
- Funding schedule
- Prior experience in structuring real estate equity investments.
- Transaction closing experience including familiarity with legal documents and settlement statements.
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to synthesize information from several sources into concise and coherent conclusions (writing sample required).
- Good communication skills.
- Strong motivation and a passion for real estate, with the ability to work without supervision.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Three to five years of analytical experience.
- Masters and / or Law degree.
GROWTH AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The position has strong growth opportunity. The candidate has the opportunity to grow into a variety of positions within the company based on performance.
- The company prides itself on a collegial work environment, but is a very detailed oriented business and very credit disciplined. The candidate should have the same attributes.
- The company supports value added thinking, creativity and problem solving, but puts the ultimate emphasis on credit underwriting and transaction structure structuring.
CONDITIONS OF WORK
- Hours vary depending on deal flow – flexibility is a must.
- JCR offers a competitive salary, annual bonus plans, excellent health benefits and a promote from within philosophy.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
JCR is one of the largest private equity funds in Colorado. This position will become a key player in the growth of the company.