The Data Management Associate is responsible for supporting the Performance, Attribution and Reporting business unit (PAR) in responding to all internal and external business data requests. The position will support PAR by assembling, validating and systematically storing business data relied upon by performance and investor reporting associates/analysts in the preparation and dissemination of recurring investor reports and supplemental investor and consultant requests.
- Assemble, validate and systematically store business data relied upon by PAR in responding to all internal and external party requests for information.
- Liaise with representatives across business units to align business processes with PAR's data strategy that allows for the systematic capture of all business data required in administrating the performance and investor reporting responsibilities of the company.
- Play an active role in the continued development and customization of the company's accounting system (Yardi) database and related modules by partnering with the IT Department and project managing PAR initiatives to completion.
- As needed, recommend, design and implement changes in processes and systems that allows for enhanced efficiencies and scalability, and the establishment of data standards and maintenance of data integrity.
- Administrate the quarterly business data capture and validation processes in connection with the company's external reporting cycle.
- Assume a prominent role on the company's data governance committee and actively participate in project working groups to ensure desired results are achieved.
- Become subject matter expert in Yardi-based solutions to PAR-related requirements.
- Additional duties as needed. Willingness to work extended hours as needed.
At USAA Real Estate Company our employees enjoy generous benefits packages including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k, USAA Membership eligibility, educational and professional designation assistance, business casual dress attire and much more! . Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screening. The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA Real Estate Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years of applicable knowledge in data governance, data integrity and enterprise data management concepts.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with SQL or other data query tools (preferred).
- Experience in a data driven environment with institutional real estate / architectural / systems background (preferred).
- Familiarity with accounting principles and the Yardi general ledger system (preferred).
- Impeccable attention to detail with commitment to data integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Understanding of the intersection of business and technology.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to project manage and meet recurring deadlines.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk, and use business equipment daily such as computer, copier, fax, telephone, etc.; frequently required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to handle stress caused by multiple priorities, and other unforeseen situations associated with the organization.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.