Parmenter is currently searching for a Construction Project Manager to carryout successful construction operations at several of our properties in Dallas and Houston. This position is located in the Dallas corporate office and will require regular travel to all Parmenter Dallas and Houston properties.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice Presidents of Asset Management.
Experience & Knowledge Required:
- College degree or commensurate education and experience/track record
- 5+ years of project management experience in commercial construction, preferably highly centered on tenant build-out projects and building improvement programs.
- Ability to work professionally alongside ownership, tenants and outside constituents in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong team orientation with superior initiative and excellent communication, creative problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Proficient in MS Project or other project management program(s) to chart/graphically depict timing & progress.
- Communicate all aspects of all projects to immediate superior and upper management. Identify possible future conflicts, “bottle-necks” and “choke points’ that threaten project timing and budget.
Operational Duties Include:
- Oversee all areas of construction projects including project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Handle overall project finances including managing the budget, tracking expenses and minimizing exposure and risk for the project.
- Create, assemble, and prepare for submittal to Lender all pay applications/draw requests, inclusive of documentation, invoices, lien waivers, and executive summary
- Communicate effectively with the parties responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, including architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
- Monitor the progress of construction activities on a regular basis to ensure plan is following established timeline. Periodic reporting of project timelines expected.
- Maintain strict adherence to budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards and that all involved in the project to the same.
- Make regular periodic visits to construction sites to conduct inspection.
- Identify and resolve elements of project designs and construction plans that may to give rise to disputes.
- Climbing OSHA approved ladders
- Ability to fit into crawl spaces
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Work could entail roof inspections, elevator pit inspections, and inspections in confined areas. Must be able and willing to perform work in these types of areas.
About Parmenter –
- Office investment specialist with 27 year track record
- Growing private investment firm with institutional partners
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability as well as employer paid Life & AD&D insurance, and a competitive 401k contribution