Caddis is currently searching for an experienced Development Manager to join our team in Dallas. The emphasis of the Development Manager role is to interact with clients, equity partners and lenders, and to oversee the construction and design of healthcare real estate projects from start to finish.
- Assisting Senior Management with new business development activities.
- Developing and maintaining detailed development budgets and schedules.
- Performing site analysis investigations, develop project feasibility analysis including critical financial analysis to qualify new development opportunities and to source debt and equity capital.
- Obtaining public approvals (CON, Zoning, Annexation, Site Plan Approval, Wetlands, and other processes).
- A/E qualification, selection and contract negotiations as well as other team consultant members.
- Overseeing design direction and managing the overall design process.
- GC or CM qualifications, selection and contract negotiations and Legal Document review and coordination.
- Construction administration.
- Performing projects cost-control and preparing monthly draws and invoicing.
- Facility operation start-ups.
- Other duties as assigned.
The candidate will work independently in the execution of all aspects of assigned healthcare projects. The individual will have an understanding of and learn all aspects of the development process and be expected to develop a strong track record as a Development Manager. The ideal Development Manager candidate will meet these qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience in healthcare facilities, senior living and medical office buildings required.
- An undergraduate degree in architecture, civil engineering or construction. An MBA or Graduate Finance degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 4-5 years’ relevant work experience, preferably with a design or construction firm or in construction management.
- Management experience including projects in the $10 - $40 million range.
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- High attention to detail. Ability to work independently as well as in a team-environment.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to oversee and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Customer-service oriented with a high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills: presentation, interpersonal, verbal and written.